Sign in to follow this  
Walfers

Passing Rego.

So I got a manifold and a stock air box for rego :) is there anything I can do about having a gaping hole in my battery tray? I can weld it up or cut it all out and make another and weld it in as a whole unit..opinions?

Move the battery so it covers it, or plate up the hole. Easiest way about it.

Yeah, just cut another steel plate to suit the size of the hole, the weld in place. Alternatively, cut a rectangle of steel and weld it inside the battery tray on top of the old steel, to make a new seat for the battery. You could even combine the two if you like. It's really up to you.

Edited by pmod

so what did you fail for or have to replace to pass rego exactly ? apparently all imports have to go through dickson for rego check now, so weather you get it passed elsewhere you have a chance of getting audited.. been through this in my previous skyline, was a big headache as i didnt have an import plate nor a compliance plate...

Edited by iDannyz

Technically I haven't failed for anything yet...because I haven't gone through haha..my main concern was the intercooler and the suspension which I've fixed up. The inside of the car looked like crap which I thought wouldn't be helping it all so I cleaned that all up and just need a new gear boot.

Just waiting on some free time and it'll be all back together and ill go for a inspection.