Sign in to follow this  
GFUNK

Those who love cars, what do you think of motorbikes?

Do you like motorbikes  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like motorbikes

Hey guys

I'm interested in anything with an engine than can be piloted. I've always had motorbikes in the back of my head but never got my license, main reason is so many accidents on a bike but I feel like I'm missing out by not riding

Are there lots of people in the same boat as me or some of you heavy car enthusiasts just aren't phased by bikes?

Edited by GFUNK

I like bikes, but i much prefer a car.

Get on a dirtbike every now and then, but have little interest in riding on the street, plus I have ZERO self control, so i would have no license within hours.

I had a few street cars, same as you always had my eye on bikes, did the dirt bike thing, but i found it is FAR more dangerous then the road.

Got my license for the bike, and never looked back, the thrill from riding is like nothing a car has to offer, in my personal opinion. Ill still hang around mates with sivia's and go to drift days, in the process of finding a track car, but i will not give up my bike for anything these days. I say try it, better to give it a shot and you not like it then regret not trying.

It has made keeping my license that little bit harder, but you control yourself, and keep it for track days.

Not to mention the general all round costs from fuel to parts and services substantially cheaper. And if you are really power hungry its so much easier to get that power out.

I love dirt bike riding, and I'm sure I'll get one again in the future.

Owning a road bike doesn't interest me, though. They look cool, some sound good, and I'm amazed how cheap they are, but I'd never buy one.

One friend of mine said that his 1yo Kawasaki started to behave strange and sluggish after service. His mechanick said that it was caused by him filling up with ron98.

Now to me it sounds like BS and i suggested to change a mechanic, but I don't know much about bikes, what do ou guys suggest?

Go the bike. There's no way I could ever choose one over the other, but comparing driving to riding is like comparing apples to oranges.

used to be completely into cars, didn't take a second look at bikes, never thought i'd ride one. out of the blue one day i got my bike license and have never looked back. the thrill of a bike has completely ruined my interest in cars, i'd only ever get back into cars if one day i can afford euro (eg m3 etc). my bike can do 0 - 200 in about 6 secs, i doubt i could ever afford a car that could do that. but the most fun you can get from a bike, is cornering. nothing better than being fully leant over through a corner