Sign in to follow this  
Valkyrie

E85 available at Sandy Bay United servo

They are selling it for $1.35/litre as of 5/4/12.

I don't know about its quality, so buyer beware etc etc.

Is this confirmed? Just made my life easier if it is as I need some for afford. Where abouys is sandy bay

Btw united e85 is all I ever run. same power production as drum shit and cheaper

Let me check tomorrow for sure Simon and I'll post back here. I say E10 because that's what I saw on the sign, but it could be that they have e85 as well. I'll let you know tomorrow here :)

if they do, could i get you to stock up fuel for me.. i'll pay you for it obviously. i cant take fuel on the boat with me and f**ked im im paying 580 for a drum of it when united stuff does the same shit

for what its worth United dont even list a servo at sandy bay let along an E85 outlet for tas.. but it could be out of date

Edited by Simon-S14

The servo there has literally just reopened after a big upgrade, so any web stuff is probably out of date yeah. I'll double check tomorrow and report back!

noodle smith informed me that they only use 91 and mix it with ethanol and that the drum shit uses 98 ? Im not sure but i would find out for certain

you gotta remember that the petrol part fo e85 makes up only 15% of th over all composition, on top of that E85 has a higher ron then the petrol anyway so its irrelevant what the ron of the petrol is. I have done back to back testing with drum (sucrogen) and pump united fuel and there is zero power difference between the two.. just the price

Ok, so it's confirmed. e85 is on the pump here in Hobart.

Pic:

IMG_20120408_114101.jpg

Is this what you're after Simon? I am more than happy to help you get some sorted and up to Launnie for ADGP :)

No worries :) I'll see if anyone has any spare containers down here I can borrow to get it up to you.

i'll have some edd , need them this weekend , then i can drop them down to gt next week? (3 20l plastic drums enough?)

Mate, that would be awesome! Yeah, drop them in to GT when someone is there (prob at night)

Hey guys I'm going to tassy this weekend. Is there no other way to get some e85 closer to davenport?

I'm not sure if there is any at Servos up there. Any NW guys have any lying around?