Sign in to follow this  
SpYkEs

Putting car of the the pits

Hey all,

So i have been riding my motorbike a little too much and my 180sx's rego has expired and over 3 months (stupid i know)

Where does everyone go to get their car put over the pits these days? and anyone know what they look for?

The 180 is mostly stock except for a pod air filter, strut bars and all the cloth pulled out of the boot.

SpYkEs

which end of the state are you from mate, might help in giving a few ideas.

Either way it might pay to find a mechanic you are happy with that does inspection and go from there. don;t expect any leniancy from them as these days there a huge fines and loss of licence to inspectors that perform dodgy road worthy's.

So make sure your car has no oil leaks, no rust, all the breaks and tryes etc are in good order and don't try and hide anything and it should be ok

A stock car should pass ok. Just give it a wash and be straight up with wherever you take it :)

Thanks guys.

I am in hobart. When i was in brisbane there were places you never used because they just didnt like the imports.

I am in the process of cleaning up the car and making it look all nice so i will see how i go.

Simon

Locally in Hobart, you can't go past Tas mobile Mechanics, in Charles Street. See the guys out there, they know there imports and are quite welcoming to work on them