Sign in to follow this  
G-Ray

Wanted Please Help

Does anyone have a timing chain tensioner guide bolt for an Sr20?

It's the bolt that the banana guide pivots on to keep the timing chain tight.

I rounded mine getting it undone and now I need it to get my car back on the road.

I'm in Hobart

Cheers

can you get a similar one from nuts and bolts or even the bolt sections at bursons, supercheap or repco etc. Take your bolt in match up the thread pitch and size and get one of these.

Its kind of a specialty bolt mate. It takes a 6 mm allen key and its head is 19mm x 20mm to allow the tensioner guide to pivot on it.

Cheers anyhow

You'd be surprised how many 'special bolts' a dedicated nuts and bolts store has.

I checked at nuts and bolts before i posted as i was in there already for work. No hope. If you have seen this guide pivot you would understand. I highly doubt they would manafacture and stock a bolt which only fits one motor that I no of and they rarely break and i'm fairly certain it probably serves no other purpose.

I checked bolts from ca20, fj20, l20b,vg30 and other bolts in my garage, no good.

I would refer to it as a specialty bolt as it appears it was designed for simply one purpose, a bolt for a sr20 timing chain tensioner guide to pivot on.

Spg saved the day they had a GENUINE one in stock in a full timing chain kit and parted it out for me, as the one nissan ordered from Japan for me is still 2 weeks away!

Cheers

Good to see that S.P.G saved the day.

Edd mate this bolt (Allan head cap screw) has a pivot point machined onto it about 20mm long and is nothing like what nuts and bolts would carry. your only options are second hand or genuine!

I believe this bolt pushes the tensioner in as the chain loosens over time to help keep tension on it..

Good to hear you got one, suprised you didnt have to take out a loan considering where you got it from

I believe this bolt pushes the tensioner in as the chain loosens over time to help keep tension on it..

Good to hear you got one, suprised you didnt have to take out a loan considering where you got it from

it's a hydraulic tensioner, so uses oil pressure to maintain tension, also has a ratchet mechanism to hold tension when not running

the bolt would be just for the guide to pivot on

not being smart just clearing it up ;)

That's it the guide simply pivots on it.

Car back together now with adjustable cam gears and no vct, it now longer sounds like a tractor :-)

????

Didn't think it was that cryptic.

They are expensive.

From Nissan? cant see how $10 is considered expensive??

we even helped out with the guide when given the wrong part from someone else

From Nissan? cant see how $10 is considered expensive??

we even helped out with the guide when given the wrong part from someone else

I wasn't referring to the bolt. Anyway this has gone off topic and doesn't need to be turned into one opinion against another's.

Just checking a Moderator wasnt bagging out a site sponsor thats all :thumbsup: