Sign in to follow this  
Ballinismyhobby

Getting of L's

Hi, currently I ride a Hyosung 650 Lams approved. I've been on my L's for about 4 months.

I was wondering if anyone can offer me some info on what the test is like to get of your L's. I'm in Adelaide Australia.

Practice lock to lock U turns (figure 8's) and going really slow in a straight line (just use your foot brake) for about 20 feet and you should be fine. :D The test is pretty easy, if you can do figure 8's in a box that is about as big as 2 car park spaces you will be fine, plus going really slow in a straight line, done :D

Spend some time at the test facility at Oaklands Park, you can practice all you want. There is a figure 8 in a box, ride between two straight lines, have to take more than 20 seconds (I think), some squiggles that you have to stay between and a braking test, and some weaving between cones. It was really easy, having said that I spent three Saturday's down there practising before I went for P's. There was an awesome thread with a map of the course that would be worth searching for.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=ridersafe+oaklands+park&hl=en&ll=-34.996591,138.547484&spn=0.000701,0.001368&sll=-24.046464,135.703125&sspn=49.86947,89.648438&hq=ridersafe&hnear=Oaklands+Park+South+Australia&t=h&z=20

That's the course. Just listen to instructions and keep your head on a swivel!

Edited by Philsbry

Thanks for the info guys. Is there any tips you could offer for the figure 8's? That's the only part that's got me worried. I ride a hyosung 650 and I really don't want to drop it :S like how fast should I go and yeah, any tips so I don't drop it? Lol

i would be using their bikes to be honest - Yamaha Scorpio 225's if i recall correctly. Easy as to ride and I almost did the figure 8's in half the space required ( you will struggle on a Hyo). Plus you can abuse the clutch much more without feeling bad doing it to your own bike.

For the figure 8's its all about clutch riding with the bars at full lock, slow movement and rear brake control.

As above use their bikes..awesome turning circle , use the rear brake as it stedies the bike at really slow speeds/walking pace.