Sign in to follow this  
Jason12

Prometheus

I think it's to allow room for a sequel.

The message left by the women at the end is the same message decrypted in the original Aliens however.

2 more are coming after this movie.

Remember that the space jockey from aliens had its chest busted out as it sat on the cannon looking thing. We've yet to see that.

my whole theory is busted after reading that prom and alien occurred on different planets. disregard everything I said earlier.

Spoilers below.

I kind of hate how it always comes back to Christianity. The first corpse they found was 2000 yr old which in 2091 i think it was would take them back to the time of 'christ' and stuff. Which ties in with why she never loses her faith. So 2000 or so years ago humanity did something which made them see how terrible we are. I think the scene where the engineer kills the old guy embodies that. Humans are too selfish and destroy each other and ultimate others so we're not worth having around or something.

Doesnt really explain the aliens though and the black slime crap. I dont think its coincidence the first one you see looks like a snake though. Probably another reference to the bible.

Chuck in the fact it was christmas at he start, and the main chick couldnt have kids, pregnant with a miracle alien child.

Im sure there are plenty of other references as well.

Still trying to work out why the goo turns them into zombie things though.

The aliens used the planet as a storage ground for a "weapon", being the black goo. That is why there were dead guys there and why the planet was not inhabited because there was an outbreak(the guys running away). That is my interpretation anyway.

How stupid can the Biologist be? "Oh look a f**king alien snake thing is hissing at me, I shall try and touch it. Ohow, now it is tightning itself on my arm, please don't mind that I have a knife and could have cut it off at any time. Oops now my arm is broken and I am dead". f**king DERP.

Spoilers below.

I kind of hate how it always comes back to Christianity. The first corpse they found was 2000 yr old which in 2091 i think it was would take them back to the time of 'christ' and stuff. Which ties in with why she never loses her faith. So 2000 or so years ago humanity did something which made them see how terrible we are. I think the scene where the engineer kills the old guy embodies that. Humans are too selfish and destroy each other and ultimate others so we're not worth having around or something.

Doesnt really explain the aliens though and the black slime crap. I dont think its coincidence the first one you see looks like a snake though. Probably another reference to the bible.

Chuck in the fact it was christmas at he start, and the main chick couldnt have kids, pregnant with a miracle alien child.

Yeah I read something about this too.

Coming from something slightly hinted at in an interview with Ridley Scott people have theorized that Jesus was an engineer emissary sent down to try and guide humans back onto the right path. He was crucified 2000 years ago, the event pissed off the engineers and they decided to end us

Spoilers below.

Read the story of Prometheus ( He wanted Humans to be equal with the Gods and stole fire etc), there is a theory that the first guy was a betrayer and the reason they wanted to destroy Humans was because it wasnt planned.

I was kinda confused by why the Engineer killed the Humans after the theory they created them was brought up, however my initial point sort of provides answers to that question (if that is why it happened).

Edited by mreges

http://www.thebestpa...etheus_nutshell

He makes some good points, especially how the ending wasn't written to be mysterious or clever, but simply because they didn't know how to write an ending, or a coherent story for that matter.

Edited by steveP

Saw it last night, spoiler alert;

Really enjoyed it.

Did the worms in the ground mutate with the biological weapon they were manufacturing (the dark liquid), and the result was the alien lifeform/worm-snakes and the breakout made the engineers want to flee?

Any theories on why the engineers want to destroy earth?

yeah I wonder why the goo activated when the humans came and mutated the worms but didnt mutate the engineers

Basically as everyone has said it is a really outstanding movie however you leave the theater with more questions than answers which is a bit of a shame.

The link Steve posted up pretty much is bang on with my gripe.

But as far as science fiction goes I really enjoyed it, and would recommend anyone to go see it.

Alex Jones is so f**king dumb. It's like a persona of smart to draw you into dumbness.

Got to say I really didn't find it that complicated.

So, the intro, we're on earth, where 1 engineer has been left behind (it's sort of suggested that he's there without the knowledge or approval of the others - he's going it alone). He drinks some sort of liquid (NOT THE SAME BLACK STUFF) and sacrifices himself to create intelligent life on earth.

"Prometheus" is the first engineer as well as being the name of the ship.

In greek mythology "Prometheus is a Titan, culture hero, and trickster figure who in Greek mythology is credited with the creation of man from clay and the theft of fire for human use"

Now, the planet that they go to is actually a biological weapons planet, far away from the engineers home world. We see that there's some f**k up and some outbreak, likely the black stuff mixed with the worms there and there were those deadly worm monsters. That's why you see a pile of dead engineer bodies later on with their chests exploded. NOW important to note, that the worm monsters aren't aliens, and they don't transform into aliens even when they go inside the engineers (down their throats like the guy in the suit). They just stay as worm monsters as far as I can tell.

So all the engineers die of this outbreak, bioweapon lab is shut down/forgotten/maybe they were a terrorist group of dick engineers who knows. Whatever, they're left alone for 2000 years. Alien worm monsters probbaly died off over the course of 2000 years.

Humans come, f**k up the environment and containment procedures, and shit happens.

Also, talking about the aliens, it's ONLY when the scientists f**ks the main chick and impregnantes her, that you get the traditional alien. This is the pre-cursor to the facehugger, the worms, while related, would never turn into facehuggers or aliens.

So yeah, facehuggers impregnante victims, victims then birth aliens, that's how it works.

In terms of david and his motivations, he was always working for the old man, BUT at the same time, he resented him and most humans as they never gave him any respect. So he is a conflicted character, with tricky motivations, it's likely that he's programmed to obey the old man, but at the same time, he does some other shit for his own benefit without contravening the old mans instructions.

Why does he infect the guy scientist? Cause he's a dick and disrespected him, but he also asked him if he could (in a round about way) so from davids point of view, he got permission to carry out the experiment.

Edited by bootlegapparel

yeah, I was trying to work out why when the engineers drank its they explode. When humans drink it they turn into zombies.

I to have a few questions of my own. 

Firstly is the alien at the start on earth or on the planet they visited? Because to me it resembled the landscape of planet the visit, the scene after there ship descends from the clouds.

And secondly when David first discovers the replay feature of the caves, it's showed them desperately running to a room to the extent that one gets decapitated.  

if there had been a sudden out break of a biochemical hazard, why the f**k would you run like mad to the room containing that same shit?

And as if they wouldn't have sent a rover in first? 

I really liked the movie but feel I may have been a little bias as I loved alien and aliens too much.

It's as if I had just watched bits and pieces of the movie and missed out on some really important scenes. 

I hope much of this is meticulous explained in the second part or Ridley Scott is a jerk face *milkshake*. 

:( 

Edited by e rock

I to have a few questions of my own.

Firstly is the alien at the start on earth or on the planet they visited? Because to me it resembled the landscape of planet the visit, the scene after there ship descends from the clouds.

And secondly when David first discovers the replay feature of the caves, it's showed them desperately running to a room to the extent that one gets decapitated.

if there had been a sudden out break of a biochemical hazard, why the f**k would you run like mad to the room containing that same shit?

And as if they wouldn't have sent a rover in first?

I really liked the movie but feel I may have been a little bias as I loved alien and aliens too much.

It's as if I had just watched bits and pieces of the movie and missed out on some really important scenes.

I hope much of this is meticulous explained in the second part or Ridley Scott is a jerk face *milkshake*.

:(

1. Earth is implied

2. I believe that that room was either the source of the breach (hence he was trying to fix it), or that it was the one safe room that could be sealed off from the rest, remember, there was no leak until the humans breached the room.

3. They've got those scouting robots though, it's not that big of a risk when you can map the place and scan for movement.

Yes but they were well and truly inside the structure before they deployed the scanners, on a alien planet.

so i saw it tonight and i liked it, a few things i didn't get but for the most part i liked it.

A Sci Fi movie doesn't have to be filled with suspense and violence and horror for me to like it, the thing i love the most about space sci fi, is how different directors interpret and imagine how the world would be, how aliens would be what technology's we would have, because it would be awesome to live in those universes etc etc.

the one derp thing my friends said was:

"but it doesn't explain anything! how do the aliens get to the other planet!" and im like you fool, the chick left a distress call, the ship in alien the original picked up this distress call and landed, the crashed alien space ship is the same one from the original alien movie, and the queen alien obviously went inside and pooped all her eggs etc etc. some people....

its not the same ship.

and spoilers below:

and the alien at the end...its arguable that its an early evolution of the one in Alien and Aliens etc. because if you actually pay attention to when the scientists breach the first room with the goo and bit head statue, on the wall is a kinda statue/mural thing, which clearly shows an Alien/xenomorph, possibly a queen. so the aliens are already around, which I reckon the engineers made as a form of weapon that gets out of control. its pretty hard to tell if the one seen in alien is an evolution of the new alien, that might lay eggs and evolve into what we see later in the movies, or if the one we see later is the original from the wall.

Also, at the start the big disk shaped ship. is that just a different type of engineer ship? or someone else. coz if you look at the mural painted on the wall, it has an engineer reaching out with one hand that goes into shadow, but in that shadow theres some creature kneeling down, and it looks more like an original space jockey with the elephant tusk, it doesnt look like a suit.

so many questions! and Im pretty sure it was mentioned in an interview theres going to be atleast one, possibly two more if they can.

I thought it was a great movie though, definitely needs a couple of watches to get all the detail

It's a good movie! Probably would have been a good idea to go into the movie the 1st time unaware that it was a prequel. After watching it a 2nd time I'm curious to see where the story goes from here as I think it would be cool to go down a different path than the old alien series.

Everything i read about this movie compells me to wait till it is out on DVD or just download it.

I despise any movie that leaves an ambiguous ending, it is such a cop out.

its not really an ambiguous ending..its a clear ending to the movie, its just that things that occur throughout the movie raise a lot of questions that wont be answered until the next one or two sequels come out.

Which is the definition of ambiguous.

With any sci-fi moive, you get the hardcode fans who overlook the poor story telling and still claim it's a great movie (Transformers comes to mind). I feel this is a movie that will be forgotten easily and with time it will be disliked more.

Edited by steveP

no its the not. he said the ENDING is ambiguous, which is isnt, the ending a clear depiction of her leaving in another engineers space ship, but 90% of the rest of the movie is lol

....probably the first time i have wanted to buy a dvd for the extra info! (no doubt they will be making it)

the deleted scenes on the DVD will be crazy interesting to see.

So, my theory after seeing it on the weekend is that the Engineers are all emo about Jesus being killed and the follow ons from Prometheus will be about how they orchestrated the persecution of Jews and eventually created Nazis through secret organisations such as the Vril Society. Mel GIbson will be in the next one and everybody will discover that Ridley Scott is an anti-semite.