Sign in to follow this  
Lukey33

Legal ride height..

Hi everyone, Im trying to work out what would be a legal height for my 4 door R33.

Thanks =)

General Rule of Thumb is 100mm but different cars vary so it's best to check with transport SA

Brow height should be 355mm at the rear and 345mm at the front as well as a minimum of 100mm clearance between the road and any part of the car.

Brow height is the measurement from the centre of the wheel to the top most part of of the fender arch.

Thanks everyone for the help =)

ive worked out that i defently need to raise my car haha

what happened to you ns

you used to be cool

now everyones a pussy

to scared to drive a lowed car one the street

to scared sensible to drive a lowed car one the street

If it was a battle you could win, maybe.

not much point when you know youre not getting away with it

what happened to you ns

you used to be cool

now everyones a pussy

to scared to drive a lowed car one the street

I've lowered mine as low as they go on Tein Super Streets and have been dailying it like so since I put them in couple months ago. IF I get defected at least it was because I was driving my car the way I wanted to. Not half low/half high and still defect you for too low. Funny thing is my car doesn't even look that low. But Tein's are wound down as far as possible (except helper springs)

Meh. Ran car low. Scraped on everything and was generally a pain in the arse to use as a daily. Got defected. Raised one inch and now no more scrapes but I've still been pulled over and warned about the height. Screw going to regency every couple of months and having a car thats shit to drive for the sake of being a cool kid.

Thanks everyone for the help =) ive worked out that i defently need to raise my car haha
what happened to you ns you used to be cool now everyones a pussy to scared to drive a lowed car one the street
hey mate i work with lukey33, and when we take his car to work we cant get up the driveway into the car park, and we keep getting stuck going into shops and all that. not saying low isnt the way to go, just needs to be a little higher :) Edited by jaker33

Not scraping is too high....

Find a speed bump? Find another way around :D

Not scraping is too high.... Find a speed bump? Find another way around :D

Yep only couple ways to get into Tea Tree Plaza for me. And I park in certain areas because went over a speed bump and the front pipe hit it bad lol. And too much traffic sometimes to do the whole 'attacking it from the side' game lol. I call it Straddling Speed Bumps lol

Nah once I get defected stock suspension goes in and stays in until other things on my car are done and modded. Until then, Meh.

Brow height should be 355mm at the rear and 345mm at the front as well as a minimum of 100mm clearance between the road and any part of the car.

Brow height is the measurement from the centre of the wheel to the top most part of of the fender arch.

Not sure but shouldn't the brow height be higher at the front?

yeah I think he means the other way around.

Having fiberglass guards now mine is 310 at the rear and 330 at the front.

I believe every car has different standards