Sign in to follow this  
STF515

Potential sale and closing of BASKY! GRRRR

Ok, So I just thought I would share this, at the last SRCT (hobart bike racing club) it has come out that Motorsports Tas are seriously considering selling basky for tract housing! Brighton council are all for it, they would make alot out of rates etc, and any money wont go back to the shareholders - read the clubs that own it, it will go into the pockets of the board of directors. This is what is on the SCRT FB group atm, if you want more info, PM me, or even better, hassle your own club to find out WTF is going on.

"I have a copy of the "Future Options" section of the papers from Motorsports Tas AGM which states an intention to investigate the sale of Baskerville Raceway, as apparently it's not "viable" to keep two racetracks going in Tas. They have said the closure of Baskerville is "inevitable", despite a majority of shareholders not wanting it sold."

Thanks,

Steph

dnt stress...its not immediate nor is it just going to happen...

if it does go further than just "investigating" it has to go to a vote amoungst shareholders, a large majority of them being "old" baskerville racers and unlikely to vote for the sale...

should it be sold however, the money will go into symmons plains and developing it into a motorsport park, rather than race track...

drifting tasmania/hobart sport car club are aware of this and definitely not hitting panic stations, so nor should you...

Well you would think there are enough motoring enthusiasts that will kick up a stink that it wouldn't stand a chance of being shut down. As far as selling basky and putting money into Symmons....if government have anything to do with it we would be lucky to see money go that way and even if lucky enough they wouldn't be letting us drift there because Symmons supposedly means too much to Tasmania and thier relationship with the V8's thus we would have no drift tracks in Tasmania.

However making symmons plains into a motorsport park does sound good. Lay a huge slab that could be used skid pad aswell as doing motorkhanas/khanacross and a drift friendly track possibly like some of Ebisu's smaller practice tracks etc. Definitely has plenty of potential and drags are just down the road. As much as people probably hate to hear it, everything would be pretty central for the state having all motorsport based in central Tasmania.

It's been casually 'for sale' for a while now? Or so I thought. I heard for $1 million. Would buy the shit out of it if I won Lotto or something :P

$16mil is the figure I have heard thrown about, Brighton wants it to happen, they can fit 4-500 units on it. There Is some dodgey shit going on with shares atm Delazey, they are saying there is 5001 shares, not the original 50. If this is the case, everyones votes wont mean sh!t. SRCT is currently going thru the last 6 months minutes, that took a bit of getting, the meetings are completely closed, it is not cool.

Sell what has been said by LOADS of pro racers as the best short course i the southern hemisphere, put all the money in a flat boring ass wonky circle at symmonds?

I just want to see people actually look at the info themselves, instead of 'I heard', I dont want to loose our track :/

too bad you guys couldn't do it like what we did back home in malaysia.. my friends just hosted a gymkhana challenge between malaysia and thailand.. Links are as below..

looks like a cool event, not sure what it has to do with the sale of basky??