Sign in to follow this  
Mandi

Drift Tas trade display at the Silverdome Show!

Hi everyone,

So as most of you are aware the Van Diemens Silverdome Show which is run every two years is on again this year! Held at the Silverdome in prospect a few minutes from the Launceston CBD Drifting Tasmania will be holding a trade display!

We will have a few drift cars on display, footage of our drift series and a few clips from the boys recently at the World Time Attack series in Sydney at the Eastern Creek Raceway not to mention Drifting Tas merchandise to help support out sport!

We also have entry forms for Round 4 (Sept 24th) and all the other necessary forms such as CAMS and HSCC applications for you to fill out to help you get out on the track with us!

So don't be shy, if you have any questions about the sport or just want to say hey come over and have a chat with us!

Cheers, Mandi

Great work for getting this off the ground Mandi! I haven't had many dealings with the running of the show this year and thought the drift guys (and girls) weren't interested. It is the perfect way to promote your sport!

Thanks Adam :)

I think it was too great an opportunity to pass up due to how large an event this is and the quality of previous entrants in the past years! This being a Launceston event I have picked up the ball to get it organised as the majority of DT is down in hobart (and they already do a tremendous job organizing everything else) so the least I could do is get the display running up here! Plus the car owners have been so very helpful in letting us show them in the trade display and help making it happen!

Big congrats Mandi!

Sorry my car is broken otherwise would have loved to help for a worthy cause.

Well done Mandi! hope it goes well for you! :thumbsup:

Bloody positive and pro active step. Look forward to seeing it. I'm gonna drop my car in friday night and run but I'll be back saturday for a look.

Thanks guys! Yep hoping for it too look the goods, everyone is welcome to come check it out! :yes:

Also no worries Ben these things happen ;)

Thanks to everyone who showed their support by coming along to the event over the weekend. And well done for getting a display off the ground. I was talking to quite a few people and the number of people in the +40-years-old bracket that saw your display and said "I've seen this on TV, I had no idea they did it here, I'll have to check it out!" was amazing. Definitely a brilliant advertiser for your sport!

For those who couldn't make it, here's an overview of the show...

_DSC5766_Stitch.jpg

And a link to a gallery of every car and trade display...

http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa401/vdsrc747/Motorsports%20Show%202011/

And for those who are interested, a time lapse of Friday setup...

Awesome pics Sutton and well done Mandi and Mitch for their efforts with the display,

also is that your old mans 51 Sutton?

This one is. He drove it in there too, straight out exhaust FTW!

_DSC5608.jpg

yep thats the one i was looking at, been a while since i'd seen a photo of it, its looking pretty wicked!

Awesome pics Sutton and well done Mandi and Mitch for their efforts with the display,

Thanks! I will chuck up some pics when I get home of it when not on my

Phone.

And sutton holy crap we were loving that twin spinner didn't know it was your dads! That's awesome :)

For anyone who didn't make it, here is a few shots of the DT display :)

Thanks again for the lend of the cars over the weekend guys, were well presented and looked the business!

img2723r.jpg

img2719tw.jpg

img2730r.jpg

img2728rr.jpg

img2722n.jpg

Top job guys. Definitely got plenty of people over the weekend checking out the display. Hope to see you at more car shows etc :)