Sign in to follow this  
ti2l

What happened to hip hop/rap?

don't think Dr Octagon has been mentioned yet & no one will probably ever match him either...

That CES cru is sounds great.

New Dr Dre & Kendrick Lamar (the newly crowned king of west coast rap) produced by Scoop Deville, i almost did not recognise Dre. Really enjoying this been on repeat all day, only released a couple of days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iilk0ZByNVU

Also someone that is getting alot of hype at the moment; Action Bronson, hes new mixtape produced by Party Supplies is free through his website.

What happens when you get a fat white chef from queens pic up a mic and spit? Hes new mixtape really is a four star effort.

Not one of the best tracks but this track gives an idea of the dreamy 80's miami/queens slang drug prostitution landscape imagery he makes come to life. I cant get anough of him rhyming about food, sex and prostitutes.

A good interview.

Dubstep and screamo thats what happened... my neighbor's been getting some big gigs lately, he's in the band "Mase n Mattic" (Mase) pretty good band, released 1st album a few months back

Edited by SpotMan

Kranze no love for nasty here ATM.. I have no idea why he hasn't been mentioned.. Considering the fact that distant relatives is still within 5 years old, life is good is coming out this june and he still effortlessly drops bomb after bomb.. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned drake either.. Credit needs to be given to take care.. I haven't seen as cohesive an album aside from section 80 since stankonia. He seems a bit poppy, but at least his subject matter is honest compared to 99% of the genre, and his delivery is comparable to best out ATM..

Oh and elzhi from slum village made a tribute mix tape for nas' illmatic called elmatic.. Google the shit, way too good to be ignored..

As far as Aussie hip hop goes.. I really like phrase and his mellower approach to production.. Not much of a fan of either hilltop, bliss or drapht.. They have par lyrics great for hilltop, their production just let's them down by throwing in way too much noise on their beats..

Anyhow I was going to upload 'dreams money can buy' by Drake, that song got me paying respect to the dude..but I'm on an iPhone and couldn't be f**ked finding out how to do it..

Kranze no love for nasty here ATM.. I have no idea why he hasn't been mentioned.. Considering the fact that distant relatives is still within 5 years old, life is good is coming out this june and he still effortlessly drops bomb after bomb.. I'm also surprised no one has mentioned drake either.. Credit needs to be given to take care.. I haven't seen as cohesive an album aside from section 80 since stankonia. He seems a bit poppy, but at least his subject matter is honest compared to 99% of the genre, and his delivery is comparable to best out ATM..

Oh and elzhi from slum village made a tribute mix tape for nas' illmatic called elmatic.. Google the shit, way too good to be ignored..

As far as Aussie hip hop goes.. I really like phrase and his mellower approach to production.. Not much of a fan of either hilltop, bliss or drapht.. They have par lyrics great for hilltop, their production just let's them down by throwing in way too much noise on their beats..

Anyhow I was going to upload 'dreams money can buy' by Drake, that song got me paying respect to the dude..but I'm on an iPhone and couldn't be f**ked finding out how to do it..

I admit I like take care, Listening to the album right now, But being honest; It isn't really hip hop/rap.

Edited by Vodkashot

He raps on several tracks.. I guess close enough is good enough hehe... On that note check out Kendrick Lamar's song called hiii power..

I'm into Kendrick a bit, still going through all the new stuff I put on my iPod. suss The City on games red album, has Kendrick in it and he kills it (think I mentioned that already in this thread)

check bird on a wire by action Bronson, sorry it has riff raff in it but if you ignore him its got a good beat and is a decent song.

sorry, no love for drake here, I put him on weezys level, and I hate weezy, drake is everywhere in the us right now, every radio station all day, he's more played out than eminem at the moment.

Edited by kranze

Yea the city is off the f**kig chain kendricks last reading on it before the end is amazing.. The best song on the red album by far, I honestly can't hate on drake ATM take care is just too good an album to be salty about.. It is true though radio Play is ruining his songs...

Yea the city is off the f**kig chain kendricks last reading on it before the end is amazing.. The best song on the red album by far, I honestly can't hate on drake ATM take care is just too good an album to be salty about.. It is true though radio Play is ruining his songs...

i'm not saying drake is bad, he's just gone about it the wrong way. it's obvious he has seen dollar signs, and that's cool, but artists like that aren't for me.

I'm into Kendrick a bit, still going through all the new stuff I put on my iPod. suss The City on games red album, has Kendrick in it and he kills it (think I mentioned that already in this thread)

check bird on a wire by action Bronson, sorry it has riff raff in it but if you ignore him its got a good beat and is a decent song.

sorry, no love for drake here, I put him on weezys level, and I hate weezy, drake is everywhere in the us right now, every radio station all day, he's more played out than eminem at the moment.

came across that the other day, is great, and listening to Shiraz a bit too. Riff Raff is like wtf his stuff ive heard is just wierd bronson was pushing this on twitter so i watched it and its just like wtf, and then its like... not bad hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSaVoZauuJc&feature=youtu.be

For me a real rapper kills it by winning battles, it shows raw talent not just a good writer producer and marketing team combo.

The freestyle battle tupac vs biggie as an example of what I consider old school raw talent

Greeley vs 360 it's long but worth it.

I honestly don't see the appeal of 360 he basically sings the song killer ?

Also another old favourite for me is busta rhymes he isn't all caught up in himself IMHO

Have just got into "king of the dot" Which is a canadian battle league... has some awesome talent. Fave one ive seen

Also hollohan is working on an album... dude is a beast...

Have just got into "king of the dot" Which is a canadian battle league... has some awesome talent. Fave one ive seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlkTCXS0l0U

Also hollohan is working on an album... dude is a beast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHAf39N0VdA

Love KOTD! My favourite has gotta be uniquitous;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdCQWAHjpPc

Edited by Vodkashot

Really sad to see Canibus fall over like this. Career ruining battle. If you have not found the buzz on this, just wait for the notepad.

Incise ft Shad.... awesome track.