Sign in to follow this  
SR20NA

600 vs 750

Ok so heres the deal, im in the market for a new bike, GSX-R 750 has always been the plan, but ive been tossing up wether its werth getting a 600 with a few mods/newer model for the same price as an older ( buy that im talking lik 1-2 years ) 750. ive ridden them both, but only lightly, and that still couldnt decide. Being quiet a smaller bloke as well so ill have to look into lowering the bike anyway. People thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Either will do very nicely. Are you thinkning 600's are a lot slower or something? Lowering it? both my feet dont sit flat on the ground when I'm on my bike,

but I wouldn't want it any lower, ground clearance is good. I ride a 600, weigh less than my mate who rides a litre bike and I dont get left behind :ph34r:

Either will do very nicely. Are you thinkning 600's are a lot slower or something?

No no no, in no way am i thinking that, was just looking for peoples oppinions on the little things like physical weight, how they go around a track. little things you cant really pick up from a 5min test ride. once i pick up the next bike, im looking at getting quiet serious into my riding.

ok cool,gixxers make an excelent track bike...adjustable everything, but i have wicked fun on my 600, rev the nuts off it etc, I like it like that :D

which 600 were u thinking? if u wanted the gsrx 600, honestly you may as well go the 750. me personally i'd seriously consider the cbr600 and R6. word on the grapevine is the R6 is a better track bike, but the cbr600 is king of the road in the 600cc sector. search cbr600rr review on the net, and in every single result u get the cbr600 will be on top. also you can't fault honda's build quality and reliability

if were me id just chase the best buy if can get a newer low kay 600 snap that up but same time iv seen 750 at nice prices,mates got a 07 gsxr750 cant say i like riding it but at same time each to there own sorta thing,i had a 04 r6 when they were new and a 05 cbr600rr must say thought the r6 was a much better bike all over.

goodluck with deciding

Depending on your size/weight/frame you might find the R6 a little too much on the wrists, especially if you are taking long rides. The ZX6Rs etc are a little unbalanced for my liking (chassis doesn't do it for me, nor the brakes), but both the CBR and GSXR 600s are very good to ride. I would suggest the GSXR 600 2001-onwards as the throttle isn't as snatchy, especially if you fit a TRE. But I'm a bit biased as I use to race the GSXR600.

This.

I love the 05/06 CBR (ridden later ones, and early R6)

was just in a similar situation, all the 750's i was looking at seemed to have higher kays and were priced similar to 1000's

so ended at getting a 600 with stuff all kays + alot cheaper

I've got a cbr600rr and have ridden a mates gsxr750. Sure the gsxr has a little bit more go but he even commented on how much most "chuckable" the 600 is. I've done a few mods to my 600 and its now pulling 115hp and really smooth power curve. The knowledge of people on the www.600rr.net forums is far better then the gsxr forum. Also it's a Honda, reliable as all hell. I'm not biased at all though. whistle.gif

i prefer the 750 as it seems to be my type of style with how the torque/power is delivered. 600s arnt slow, but i find the 750s have abit more down-low so i can just idle everywhere like a big fat 7 litre v8 :P.. 600's i seem to rev a bit harder to get a similar result.

If im going to the track, i'd probably prefer a 600 as the riding style then is all about all out noise and revs :P.. ya follow :)

i ride a r6, but would prefer a 750. Same size bike with a little more weight but with more power. Seems like a no brainer to me...

i dont buy into either the 'chuckable' line and the top of the revs line for a 600, do people think a 750 gets to 12k rpm and stops!!!

from a riding my 05 ninja 636 and the 750, i couldnt even notice the difference. the 1000cc on the other hand was crazy.

at the end of the day, it will all depend on which bike suits you better.

one thing to consider is insurance and also registration.

from what i remember. 750 will b classified as a 1000 for cost, where as the 600 is price much lower..

I have a K7 750 and it's a great bike. It's pretty much the best of both worlds in terms of handling and power. However, if you're looking into trackdays and eventually racing, then you're better off getting a 600 as theres different classes you can fit that into. Oh....and don't lower your bike :thumb:

Gees i forgot i even had this thread, i ended up with a k8 GSXR 750 had 6000kms on it, was stock as a rock in Immaculate condition. loving it! so glad i went with the 750!