Sign in to follow this  
asleep

Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)

yeah you do! the books are so much better. they have alot of the stuff the tv series cant depict properly. some stuff makes more sense in the book as well. I watched the series, read the book, then watched the series again, and i picked up a bucket load more stuff i missed the first time i watched the series.

oh man, books are so good. Although i just got up to a bit (bit over halfway through the third book) that i didnt like so much.... =/

^Don't worry, it keeps getting more and more brutal.

I have to say, Tyrion's story line in Dance with Dragons is awesome

Nearly through the third book now, good to see some of the other characters get their just desserts :P

OK finished Dance with Dragons a few days ago now and as with all of the books, there are a handful of 'drop the book and scream' moments

I have no idea where he is going in the next book; with any luck this one will not take another 6 years to write... I have a feeling things should speed along now the series has big commercial interest.

Edited by Bennybear

I wouldnt hold your breath. Read that they may consider stretching clash of Kings into 2 seasons, So by the time we get to Dance of Dragons. we may all be old and wrinkley.

I just hope that old mate writing the books doesn't get hit by lightning before he finishes lol, I just don't think I could deal...

Agreed - a lot of people where devastated when Jordan died (wheel of time) but the collaborative has done an amazing job.

Peter Dinklage took out best supporting actor @ the golden globes

Great news as actor recognition = more money from HBO = more Game of Thrones!!

anyone else find sansa's story arc boring as fk?

feast for crows was bit boring imo, but neccessary.

jst started dance with dragons and already enjoying it!

Tyrion ftw

Yeah sansas story isnt great.... Also just started dance and really liking it so far... John snow is probably my fave one, closely followed by tyrion...

just finished dance with dragons, damn this series is gonna go on forever lol

loving Arya's story arc now aswell shes gonna be a sick kient.

robert v rhaegar!

tumblrlpsjm8iede1qksesf.jpg

Not long to go now until season 2 airs; they basically have a blank cheque from here on out so production value (which is already brilliant) should continue to improve!

Can't wait!!

^^word

I'ma abort this thread for the next however enough eps of S2 i like to wait and put my cloak on, get my goblet of wine and cook my bacon black and watch them all in a marathon.

fuarrkkkkk its taking ages to dl, seed mafkers!

Will dl and watch tomorrow. No spoilers! (even though ive read the first 4 books :P)

Grabbed it as soon as it upped yesterday and watched last night; is brilliant, notable increase in production value!

was it just me, or did stuff in ep2 not happen in the book?

What did you guys think of the casting for Asha Greyjoy? I was abit disappointed. The book describes her with dark hair, ample bweebs, and quite hot if i remember correctly.

693_stream.jpg

Edited by OUTKAST

was it just me, or did stuff in ep2 not happen in the book?

What did you guys think of the casting for Asha Greyjoy? I was abit disappointed. The book describes her with dark hair, ample bweebs, and quite hot if i remember correctly.

693_stream.jpg

Yea in the show she is kinda ugly lol. I have noticed a few things that differ from the books, either that or my memory is bad.

^ There are a few notable changes; Asha has been renamed to Yara so people don't get confused with Osha (the wildling that cares for Bran Stark).

whats the guess on who stole Dany's dragons in the series?

My hunch is that its Ser Barristan. Any other guesses seeing this isnt in the book at all?

Im thinking they just don't have time to fully explain the Pyat Pree/House of the Undying story. They will use this as a catalyst for her to enter the house, hallucinate etc

I didn't think I would be that into this series, im not really into that ye olde genre stuff but after watching the first episode I was hooked. I'm pretty much dl them as son as I can.

I may read the books also after hearing that they are pretty good.