Sign in to follow this  
Jcook

Canberra projects

That was like the least necessary emoticon i've ever seen you use nic-kun ;_;

I KNOW WAPANESE DESU DESU

Jesus Christ.

chik chik boom ?

Epic%2520Fail.jpg

Finally installed my guages and my boost controller , have no clue how to re run the vacc hoses for the solonoid yet alone also configure it . Will eventually be changing my front main seal when i have the time also .

I KNOW WAPANESE DESU DESU

Jesus Christ.

SUGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI

Well been busy and the car is now almost on the road again!

Was in the right place at the right time and was able to pick a second hand SR today out of a 180sx for a decent price.

Also bought a new exedy Heavy Duty organic clutch aswell as mine was slipping a bit before the engine let go. When I pulled it out it only had a whisker of material left before hitting the minimum thickness markers.

All I need to do now is put it all back together. Should be back on the road by monday :thumbsup:

04032011.jpg

awesome Seb. At least you don't have to transfer all your bits to a new car :(

This is our latest project

168403_10150097151274461_611489460_6075191_6682707_n.jpg

Nice.

The only things I need to transfer over are small things like injectors, exhaust manifold, turbo, braided lines and rocker arm stoppers. Should not be too bad. So much easier with the engine out of the car on a engine stand.

Is that pearl white, or is it just the photo?

Well after many hours in the shed, the sil is back on the road.

New (second hand) engine and clutch are both in.

Had a little hickup with a starter motor that catastrophically failed but other wise no big drama's.

Thanks has to go to Burbon for the use of his engine crane and Stinkpoo for sage advice and an extra pair of hands to put the engine back in.

Next step is a re-tune, 2way and swaybars.

Maiden_Sil80's car received a DET today!! Just have to plumb it all up, connect the wiring, fit the FMIC, put the DET brakes on the front, installa the DET ECU, connect the loom to the ECU, bolt up the exhaust, and no doubt do a heap of other shit I've forgotten.

Big thanks to The Moose & Stinkypoo for their help.

i used to bag out u lads for ur never ending projects :( mines turned into the same thing now hahaha..

shouldnt be tooo much longer i hope :( it will be ages till it gets painted, but i hope to get it all straight and ready for paint soon.

ill upload pics one day :) lol

rollcage is in, inside the car is almost ready to prime (all been smoothed etc), battery is now hidden under dash :) and have stockpilled a sh*tload of parts to go in when its all done.

anyone wreaking a 180 btw :P?

i used to bag out u lads for ur never ending projects :( mines turned into the same thing now hahaha..

shouldnt be tooo much longer i hope :( it will be ages till it gets painted, but i hope to get it all straight and ready for paint soon.

rollcage is in, inside the car is almost ready to prime (all been smoothed etc), battery is now hidden under dash :) and have stockpilled a sh*tload of parts to go in when its all done.

Cage, stripped interior, etc... are you going to track this thing or will it be a 'race looking' vehicle?

gotta be able to drive to go to the track :P

.... says the guy without a car :D

Having a hidden battery makes it sound like it's not a track car. Think of the head aches when thinks go wrong :P. It's just my experience working with cars with custom crap. I'm sticking to off the shelf and laziness in mind :thumbsup:

Burbon is wrecking a 180 that had a major front ender.

Cage, stripped interior, etc... are you going to track this thing or will it be a 'race looking' vehicle?

Yeh i will be getting into drifting/motorkhana/hillclimbs/drags etc. bit of everything, thats how im building it :)

Having a hidden battery makes it sound like it's not a track car. Think of the head aches when thinks go wrong :P. It's just my experience working with cars with custom crap. I'm sticking to off the shelf and laziness in mind :thumbsup:

Burbon is wrecking a 180 that had a major front ender.

Yeh its where the radio was, and it is a drycell thats ive had hooked up to a tickle charger setup, all you need to do to get to it is remove the centre consol shroud :) i just wanted the cabin to be totally wire/clutter free.

oh cool, ill try pm him, i need a few little bits :)

ha finally, it's been 'nearly painted' for as long as I remember lol. ow well at least you have a car, at leasts two half cars anyway ha

Lol hurry up n paint it then will ;)

i have head lights and a rear parcel shelf :)

I hope rear parcel shelfs aren't worth anything I threw mine in a skip ohmy.gif

I need a rear parcel shelf at some point... Not really important ATM but how much ya want for it?

I've got the coolest new car project of a life time on the go from next week.

It's called an Ultima GTR

This is how it comes.

gtr23.jpg

This is what it looks like finished

gtr93.jpg

gtr96.jpg

gtr97.jpg

This is the specs with the 350 chev they normally use

UltimaSpecs.jpg

I'm using a built LSXR 454ci that will make over 700bhp. That means this thing will have over 700hp per tonne. Which is roughly 200hp per tonne more than a Bugatti Veyron :shades:

That thing is pretty nuts. Is it difficult to get road registered or is it easy like the kit clubmans?

That thing is pretty nuts. Is it difficult to get road registered or is it easy like the kit clubmans?

Easy in the ACT. Pretty hard in NSW at the moment

Yeh, I saw your post on CC and had a look into prices compared to the clubmans. I think the Ultima kits are around $30k (???), so they are out of my reach for a little while.

Dose it come with body panels? Pretty awesome. Turbo motorbike engine would go well if the car is light enough

Yeh, I saw your post on CC and had a look into prices compared to the clubmans. I think the Ultima kits are around $30k (???), so they are out of my reach for a little while.

Try $100k and that's before duty and GST and no engine.

Dose it come with body panels? Pretty awesome. Turbo motorbike engine would go well if the car is light enough

Yep comes with all the body panels as well. You can't engineer a car with a bike engine in Australia at all.