Sign in to follow this  
-Truck-

Whats Next For Your Car?

hey guys,

basically there is a thread for the jap side of the site, and no doubt they wouldnt care alot about our 4x4 updates so ive created an area just for us :)

as we all know summer is the downtime to pull apart and rebuild our beloved 4b's. making them bigger and better. so basically i've started this up so you can post whats on the agenda or what is currently being done. post up those little updates you do every week or so, even if it is just giving the car a good cut and polish. and try to keep general chit chat to a minimum thumbsup.gif

and go!

ill kick it off i spose

ive actually havent done work on it latley so here goes

replaced wheel bearings and inner seals (so much grease ranting3.gif )

and finially added my snorkel after it sitting in my shed for about 6 months :lol:

apart from that just general oil, filters n fluids

snorkel.jpg

looks ALOT better with the snorkel imo

Who ever did that snorkel must be a champ rolleyes.gif

Well i washed my car if that counts. then put it out the back of the shed.

my surf is on stands in the back yard..... waiting for me to get employed so that i can buy the 1uzfe for it

cant go wrong with a 1uz limiter bashing through mud wub.gif

I'm saving for my bullbar at the moment, then it's off to AM performance for some little things to be done and a turbo back 3" zorst ;)

ive just had my intercooler plumbing done, all thats left mechanically to look at is the injector pump, find a T28, put my bleed valve on and wind some more boost in :D

and i think somewhere before winter if the budget allows it i'll be returning to the MTZ fold

ive just had my intercooler plumbing done, all thats left mechanically to look at is the injector pump, find a T28, put my bleed valve on and wind some more boost in biggrin.gif

and i think somewhere before winter if the budget allows it i'll be returning to the MTZ fold

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh black mtz on your car looked farken sick man!

well, most tyres are black lucas :lol:

im still goin to rep the alloys, prob go to a 305 rather than the 285, see how badly they scrub haha

black mtz, was more so emphasizing the muddies returning part :P

Just put a RTC damper on the car, which was pretty crap... After ordering it my car used to throw its wheel lock to lock thru mud..

After installing some 33x10.5 muddies I never had the problem again, but had the damper already..

Looking at a arb which bar for my 4runner, some roof racks to get the spare out of the back. Engel fridge/freezer for work duties.

Then a new motor. a new 22r or if I can find someone with a good detailed write up for a 1uz then I will be going down that path.

Tho I have my eye out on a 80 or 100 series wagon in the mean time.

2" Lift, 31x10.5 muddies, on board air compressor and finishing of my roof light bar are on the cards for me over the next few months. Other than that there really isn't a hell of a lot more I can do to the rocky. Maybe a top mount cooler and some boost but it goes well enough as it is. 100kmh on the sand at Kingston FTW. 28mile crossing without dropping tyre pressure because a smart arse mate said the sand was hard packed from the weather FTL.

Gathering up parts for my turbo replacement/upgrade at the moment, with a 3' exhaust and Subaru water to air intercooler .

Got the GT2560R (from here :D )

i found a 1uzfe... now i need to sell my sunnies to help pay for the engine!!

check 4wd for sale thread... open to offers!!

I got so much shit to get done on my fourby with f**k all time and like nearly no money since its being spent on my cressy + going to my savings. Once its done im getting onto it quick smart.

i found a 1uzfe... now i need to sell my sunnies to help pay for the engine!!

check 4wd for sale thread... open to offers!!

Keep me posted dude, I want to keep my 4runner and do the same in a few years.

Build a crazy off road rig, as im looking at a 80 or 100 series shortly.

I got so much shit to get done on my fourby with f**k all time and like nearly no money since its being spent on my cressy + going to my savings. Once its done im getting onto it quick smart.

what more u gotta do to yours man?

turbo?

im just gonna get this oil leak fixed and leave it i recon... maybe 3" zorst before i head off and injector clean.

Turbo, Cooler, Gauges, Custom Air filter box, Rear bar work and def want a 4" SS snorkel and think thats it for me.

Manifold is the one thats holding me back.

have u got a price on how much turbo has cost u so far ? to installl.. im thinking about it.

Turbo, Cooler, Gauges, Custom Air filter box, Rear bar work and def want a 4" SS snorkel and think thats it for me.

Manifold is the one thats holding me back.

i may be able to assist, are you going equal length or log or j pipe?

if you supply the parts etc my mate can weld/tack it all together

Manifold is all tacked up ready to be welded just looking for some one to finish welding it up on the cheap! It's a log one.

Turbo costed me $820 (2871R) manifold with all flanges, bolts and collectors and abit of 3" pipe for dump pipe cost me $4** still haven't added cost of cooler, piping, air box and oil and water lines... = not cheap!! Just trying to get my cressy finished first.

pm sent heng,

and i seen a mani + turbo for sale on patrol for 1400 was thinking about it.... but i have no idea how to set it all up... might pass on the turbo.

Nice work

Nothing will be spent on mine now, all that money that i dont have is goin towards a rebuild on my RB26 :(

I dont know whats going to happen to my Jeep this year. Been wanting to get a 2-3" lift and arb bar. Dont think it'll happen at all. To much other shit I wanna buy lol