Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

Sidd Rishi Photography

Well I haven't created a thread in a long time (since last year). Might as well create one now as 2011 will be a very busy year in regards to photography. So there will be plenty of pics updated on a regular basis.

Hoping one day to make photography full-time and open up a studio.. but thats a long time goal.. Still got a long way to go for that to happen.

Some random pics:

- From a e-shoot:

IMG_8843a_resize.jpg

- Behind the scene shot from a model+car shoot:

IMG_1165_resize.jpg

- Blue lake?? Cant remember the name now...

IMG_3763_resize.jpg

- Cute little toes:

IMG_1103_resize.jpg

IMG_1244_resize.jpg

I love big bold beautiful eyes:

IMG_0331_resize.jpg

IMG_9233_resize.jpg

A close up of one of my coral: The colour in the middle is just amazing!!

IMG_9234_resize.jpg

The colours are really popping in my tank :) Everything seems so healthy!!

IMG_9206_resize.jpg

I think the new 100L macro is way to sharp. I seriously thought of not even applying any sort of sharpening. I just did a smart sharpen at 12% and left it at that.

IMG_1044_resize-1.jpg

100% crop:

IMG_1044_100cropeye.jpg

Photographed a tamil wedding last night. The ceremony was totally different and I have never witnessed such traditions. This is why I love these types of weddings. Nothing is ever the same and there is seriously so much happening that if you just relax for a slight second you will miss a key shot. I was only the 2nd shooter for Jay (photos by jay).

Also the bride arrived on a palkhi which I have never seen before. I always see the groom arrive on a horse, but this was totally different. Just imagine all those years ago when we still had kings and queens...I remember visiting a fortress years ago in rajasthan and they had a few gold palkhis!!! As in pure gold!! They even had silver ones in there. The one below is probably just wood.

Here is just a quick shot (no processing) of her arriving on the palkhi:

IMG_1584_resize.jpg

She seriously looked so stunning!!! Love her eye lashes too.

IMG_1651_resize.jpg

From another wedding I shot last week:

The guy getting ready on the horse.

IMG_0160_resize.jpg

I seriously need to start processing these wedding photos properly and put it on my blog.. falling behind :(

Biggest eyes I have ever seen!! So big, bold and beautiful. Love it!!

IMG_1568_resize.jpg

---------------

Photographed a pre-wedding event last night (Haldi). Probably one of the hardest places to shoot. It was in the backyard with the lowest ceiling (which was orange) ever.. I could touch it with my hands. So bouncing flash was a little hard, but I had fun bouncing flash off different things. Also I was shooting 2 hours straight and went thru 12 AA batteries on my flash!!! Not a dull moment through-out the night...

Your probably asking why is there yellow stuff on her face? Well the event is called Haldi: This event normally takes place a day before the wedding. The ceremony is considered auspicious and is meant to purify both bride and groom before the big day. Because of the medicinal properties, its like a mini-facial/body scrub the day before the wedding. Its actually fun to watch!!

Just two pictures from last night for now: Wedding day is today!! so excited about that one.

IMG_1838_resize.jpg

Check out her henna!!! love it.

joined_resize.jpg

my best mates beast!!! running on e85 with a 5 speed..Around 250-260kw.

IMG_1162a_resize.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Jay.. Means a lot. Im hoping I can do it fulltime one day. Cheers once again jay!!!

Some random photos for you all :)

joined2_resize.jpg

joined_resized.jpg

IMG_3780_resize.jpg

IMG_2685_resize.jpg

IMG_9629_resize.jpg

IMG_2693_resize.jpg

IMG_2701_resize.jpg

Canon 5dm2. Why whats up?

oh nothing just been going to photoshoots and talking to the photographers about cameras etc i got shots of my car in hdr with a canon 500d :) but i like ur shots too i noticed everyone has a different style to taking photos :)

Photos look tops mate.

You really have a great skill their.

Do you enter your photo's into many competitions, im sure you'd have a great chance of winning.

Matt

Canon 5dm2. Why whats up?

oh nothing just been going to photoshoots and talking to the photographers about cameras etc i got shots of my car in hdr with a canon 500d :) but i like ur shots too i noticed everyone has a different style to taking photos :)

Steven HDR is just a way of editing the photos, it's like 5-10 images stacked on top of each other, or... you can cheat via photoshop.

But damn Sidd I love your pics, the light is always so soft on the subject and the images are such high quality.

Indeed everyone has a different style of shooting. Its what makes photography so special I reckon. Thanks for the kind words. Ah sweet keen to see those pics of your car :)

driftmatt - Cheers mate :) Thank you im glad you liked it. Nope never entered any real competitions. I should really give it a go one day, but I still think I got a long way to go. Would love to enter a picture into a wedding gallery one day. I think just being selected for the gallery will be a dream come true.

J-HUI - Thank you!! I have done a fair few shoots recently so will upload some more random pics for you all.

As always CC welcom everyone.

Thanks

Just got back from a week away down the coast.. Didn't take many photos as I just wanted to relax for once.

I took this pic of me and my gf while walking on the beach.

20110103084338_img_5399_resize1.jpg

I was honored when my friend Laura asked me to photograph her wedding day. It was my last wedding shoot for 2010 and I wanted to finish with a blast!!

Also big thanks to Matt and Tony for being the 2nd shooter. Hope you had a great time shooting with me.

Part 1: getting ready shots and church ceremony. Still got reception and location shoot to process..

Not sure how many I can post, but here are just a few. Lots more on my blog: http://www.sidd-rishi.com.au/blog

pic1b.jpg

pic2b.jpg

pic10b.jpg

pic11b.jpg

pic12b.jpg

church1.jpg

church3.jpg

church7.jpg

church15.jpg

Here is sneak peak to the shoot after the reception. Will be uploading lots more soon..

sneakpeak.jpg

Lots more can be seen here: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/laura-and-...wedding-part-1/

Hope you like it.

Thanks,

Do you remember the model shoots I did for this young lady?? Well just found out she is the only Irish lady to be a US Playboy Cybergirl/Playmate.. Looks like shes doing quite well now and getting more and more famous.

20100315175314_img_8053_resize1.jpg

20100315223429_img_8217_resize.jpg

and yes she has no freckles on her face!!!

Thank you very much :) Just keep on shooting mate.. you will get there!!

Just a random I opened up as im still processing another wedding. Im sure i got a better one of this shot.....just gotta find it.

IMG_7429_resize.jpg

This one was so cute. I asked him to pull her into his arms, and he suddenly yanked her and her legs went up naturally and they both had a beautiful moment. I guess you had to be there to witness it.

IMG_7558_resize.jpg

Them having a moment to themselves. I love this as I captured their natural smiles!!

IMG_7321_resize.jpg

Well back to processing more photos :(

Photographed my friends wedding last year. Have finally put sample pics onto my blog.

My friend loved this photo so thought I post this one up. Gonna do a large print on canvas for her as a present.

location1.jpg

Part 1: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/laura-and-christophers-wedding-part-1/

Part 2: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/laura-and-christophers-wedding-part-2/

Walking back to get my camera from a toilet break at a wedding I saw this cute little baby playing with my business card, so had to take a snap. I just couldnt get the baby to look at me :(

Eitherway its cute.

IMG_8276_resize.jpg

Check this kid out. He was in total shock when he saw me HAHAHAH

20110120222915_img_9023_resize.jpg

- Washed my car for the first time in months so took a quick snap before the groom arrived on his horse!!

IMG_0335_resize.jpg

- Random image i opened up of him on the horse:

IMG_0456_resize-1.jpg

Photographed my friends wedding last year. Have finally put sample pics onto my blog.

My friend loved this photo so thought I post this one up. Gonna do a large print on canvas for her as a present.

location1.jpg

Part 1: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/laura-and-christophers-wedding-part-1/

Part 2: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/laura-and-christophers-wedding-part-2/

Absolutely love your work! Some amazing photos. :thumbsup:

How did you get this effect with this photo. I see it done time to time and really like it, gives it a timeless feel. :wub:

Hi Josh, thanks for the kind words mate. I played around with the curves in photoshop (green and red channel mostly). Once you get the desired effect you like, remember those settings and save it as an action. You can purchase these actions off the net too. Maybe just google in vintage actions for photoshop.. Im sure you can find heaps on the net and or tuts. Pretty sure thats what I did a long time ago.

When someone asks me why do you want to be a wedding photographer, I simply say its because I get to experience the different cultures, their customs, the ability to capture and document the special day as well as learn and share what I experience on the day with others. This to me is what wedding photography should be all about. When Jessica contacted me a few months back I was so excited to photograph her wedding. It was my first time photographing a South Indian wedding and through it, I have realised how different it is to a North Indian Wedding.

Jessica and Subra's wedding was conducted in Sanskrit which is the oldest surviving language in the Indo-European family of languages. The wedding ceremony is called 'Vivaaham' which means to support and sustain. This ceremony is to create a spiritual union to support and sustain a man and a woman in their pursuit of dharma (righteousness) through their married life.

The wedding day consisted of a pre wedding ceremony and the marriage ceremony. The sample pics below are from the pre-wedding ceremony. It consisted off three parts which can be seen below.

Not sure how many I can post, but lots more on my blog: http://sidd-rishi.com.au/blog/2/jessica-and-subras-wedding-part-1/

1. Kasi Yathirai (Pilgrimage to Holy Kasi):

The young bachelor, Subra is on his way to Kasi to lead an ascetic life. Jessica's father intervenes and advises him of the superiority of married life to ascetic life and asks him to take Jessica as a companion for life.

002.jpg

003.jpg

2. Exchange of Garlands:

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

3 Oonjal (The swing):

Aunties sing songs and offer and milk to the couple who are seated on the swing. While the couple is seated, the aunties throw coloured balls of rice over their heads to ensure good luck. The swinging motion represents the ups-and-downs of life in which the couple move in harmony, steady and stable throughout.

021a.jpg

love their natural smiles here..

023a.jpg

The pics posted above are just a few from the day. Lots more on my blog.

Hope you have learnt something new. This to me is why I love photographing weddings and sharing these things with you all.

Thanks for your time.

http://www.sidd-rishi.com.au/blog

Taken in the pitch black in the rain :(

It was good to test out such high iso's.. oh and too see if the 5dm2 will survive in the rain lol. Thank god it did coz it was pretty wet!!

ISO 3200 i think. No PP or noise reduction.

IMG_1066_resize.jpg

ISO 6400, f2.8, 1/100th in the rain, hand held. That street light in the back was the only light I could see. Looks close in the pic but it was pretty far away. No PP. just as is image from camera.

IMG_1100_resize.jpg

damn Sidd, nude model... awesome pics... you should do this full time.

lol

do you pay the models or do they pay you for the photoshoot?

Would love to do it fulltime man. One day!! Sigh.. hoping by next year i can do it and perhaps open up a studio/shop also. Will see how it goes!!

20110228213319_1adamlizzy_resize.jpg