Sign in to follow this  
SRS13

Your car - what's happening?

Kelford's they were kemp.

And they are not the standard small lobe sorry i dont know where i got that from.

Have sold a few sets, most popular ones are

Inlet - 252/316

Exhaust - 246/292

and

Inlet - 262/334

Exhaust - 256/310

is yours still a 2L? I cant remember.

Kelford's they were kemp.

And they are not the standard small lobe sorry i dont know where i got that from.

Have sold a few sets, most popular ones are

Inlet - 252/316

Exhaust - 246/292

and

Inlet - 262/334

Exhaust - 256/310

is yours still a 2L? I cant remember.

yeah mines still a 2L

do u know how much lift ??

how much do u sell them for? might just get it from u

Well done Kemp. What new turbo are you going to run? Going for more area under the curve?

if i do upgrade it will be later on in the future,, its been of the road for way to long and at the moment i just want to enjoy the car

ill upgrade to a precision 6262

cause you need more power than 385kw in a lightweight rwd...

Sheet for the bigger of the two which would be best on a 2L as you can rev it harder. PM u for price etc.

184-B-SRVE.jpg

Dave: good find and thanks for the link. Have you ordered already? If you haven't I'm up for one.

greens14: what turbo and what power you expecting?

TN: air con should be coming out not getting fixed :P post pics when the kit is on there.

Already ordered, sorry John.

Hold off a couple of weeks and i'll let you know if it's any good.

Sorry it took a while.

Got home early today so chucked it in quickly too see how it fit. It's a bit rough and the fit isn't great, will require a few washers packed under the mount at the indicator side as it's a bit narrow at that point. You also lose the little socket that the indicator mounts to, but that was expected

Overall, the shape of the light part is right and the visible bits are the right size and proportion so it lines up with the bonnet and indicator well. It wouldn't take much effort to get it sitting right and clean up the finish of the fiberglass where it's seen.

I'm pretty happy with it.

Edit, crap photo. My phone camera doesn't like bright white so it's dificult getting a shot where you can actually see anything but a bright white blob.

17122010275.jpg

Updates:

Silvia: still running on pintara wheels, nothing much happening but has done about 4000km with no explosions or bits falling off :)

260Z: Nothing much apart from a bit of cleanup on the body, fuel cell mounted, thinking about exhaust options and diffuser design

240Z: Installed a proper LSD, made custom diff mount, fixed the brakes.

We took it to Wakefield on monday and got into the low 12's which is pretty good for a 40 year old car :) Lot of fun too!

Have been working on the new engine since then, sorting out all the plumbing for the external oil pickup, oil cooler, etc. Got the CAS talking to the ECU and the injectors firing.

Had a look in the head and the thing has 15mm of valve lift!!! It's going to be pretty insane.

building a ra23 celica for some time attack/general fast laps at mallala and some weekend fun....

doing everything fully built 18rg

s13 front end conversion with coilovers and ra60 rak and pinion steering

body stock apart from fiberglass guards rear trd duck tail and trd splitter........

today i just test fitted the ke70 steering clom im using and playe around with that.... hoping to get that sorted in the next week so i can drop the motor in an checkthat everthing is lining up right.... done a ful front end change so there is bound to be something that isnt lining up with the old motor.............

link to build............ havent updated in a bit but will over th christmas holidays when i find time http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=461203&st=0&p=5997625&hl=celica%20build&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=5997625

Thanks for the update Dave. It is on my to do list. How is the car going?

Dumhed - great to see you have taken the car out already.

Sus023 - I used to have a TA22 Celica. Massive regret that I got rid of it. Love those cars, the 18RG would sound tough. Post some pics if you can.

Just a minor update on my car, have pulled off the manifold, turbo and dump pipe and Nathan from Hi Octane has had them machined flat for me. Need to fit them back up and then get on with the rest. Have pulled the front part of the cage out - damn it is heavy! Will try and weigh it. After that will pull the dash out, relocate the battery and install a new catch can.

Still sitting in the garage.

I've pulled the dash back out in preparation for a half cage install which will (hopefully) happen within the next 2 weeks

drove down to vic on Friday night to start work on the 180 again. pushed it out of the shed for a wash this morning, first time its moved since august 09. have bolted on some project mu 6 pots to the front, just trying to find a couple of banjo bolts then that jobs done. fitted up my nardi with the works bell hub and quick release then started working on mounting my gauges, got 2 of em done but have to wait for my tacho to arrive before I can go any further on it otherwise I'll probably stuff the spacings up. tomorrow I'll hook into the wiring again and work on fixing it up.

over the next 3 weeks Im aiming to finish full rewire, new apexi gauge setup, supermade headlights, nismo engine mounts, convert to manual rack, new intercooler mounting and piping setup, billion radiator hoses, front tubs, plate over and seal the fire wall holes, heat shield fire wall, new catch can setup, header tank, coolant resevoir, new intake pipe, bit more tubing in the front end, paint engine bay and a tonne of other small fidly stuff. busy holiday thats for sure!

upgraded the brakes on the stagea and took it to winton on Sunday for a bit of fun. was pouring rain and was slippery as hell and being the first time with it on a track I wasnt too confident with the car till the end of the day but was doing 1:15s on the short track which was ok for a heavey daily. definately keen to go back for another go in the dry with proper tyres

Dumhed - great to see you have taken the car out already.

Sus023 - I used to have a TA22 Celica. Massive regret that I got rid of it. Love those cars, the 18RG would sound tough. Post some pics if you can.

Just a minor update on my car, have pulled off the manifold, turbo and dump pipe and Nathan from Hi Octane has had them machined flat for me. Need to fit them back up and then get on with the rest. Have pulled the front part of the cage out - damn it is heavy! Will try and weigh it. After that will pull the dash out, relocate the battery and install a new catch can.

heaps of pics in the build thread i linked ya to...... today i just finished my steering and fitted my sparco deep dish sued steering wheel and sparco removable boss kit........ hofully can get the engine in this weekend..........

Car: 180sx

General updates: getting the weld in cage finished and off to spray painters.

What's happening with it? Feels like nothing!

Things you're trying: Complete new setup for drag racing. ( represent the jap cars at drag meets)sr22vet!

Mods you're planning: Dry sump

Issues you're dealing with: none, haven't run the motor in yet

Stuff you're fixing; I wish! still finishing it!

Still sitting in the garage.

I've pulled the dash back out in preparation for a half cage install which will (hopefully) happen within the next 2 weeks

Bolt in half cage, done.

02012011277.jpg

Spun a bearing, so I pulled down the motor, will fix it all in Jan, just bummed I'll have to run it in again... Buying a bride seat, also new coilovers, few other things...

Got my business registered and got the 180 Running finally!

Looks good Dave.

Are you not getting a 6 point cage?

A mate of mine came over and pulled the dash out. Pulled out 10kg's (we weighed it) worth of crap from behind the dash plus a heap of plastic things that we didn't weigh. Can believe how much was back there.

The turbo and manifold etc will go back on this weekend and then will start the other stuff.

What's ur business?

TVE Motorsports..

General automotive fabrication and performance. Got a FB page (its in my sig) for now will up the ante on marketing when I buy a factory unit later this year.

Got the car back from bodyshop today

Wide body looks awesome and the quality of work is unbelievable I couldn't be happier

I'll keep mine simple.

New battery.

In cabin brake bias adjustment as the car is not using it's rears effectively with the BM50 in it atm. Also rebuild the master and get the internal valving removed.

Redo bonnet pins to get them closer to the leading edge so i don't have to tape it down.

I have a headlight vent on the way too.

After that, maybe try a set of softer rear springs and look at upgrading the shocks.

Bought a new battery the other day (finally) which is a not so exciting one.

But i have started collecting bits for the brakes. Cut and paste additional info from my post on SAU below. I've gone with a 1 inch patrol master as it has no internal bias rather than a rebuild as its cheaper and it's new. There are other sizes available too.

1 inch (BM50 equivalent) 2 port master off a GQ patrol p/n JB1777, there are a few manufacturers around, i went with PBR for $110 delivered off ebay

1 1/8 inch (BM57 equivalent) 2 port again off a GQ patrol p/n JB1775, go for around $160 delivered

7/8 inch (BM44) 2 port master off an MQ patrol/D21 Navara p/n JB1731, $125 delivered

Wilwood proportioning valves go for 90-100 delivered off ebay depending on seller, or $92 from MSCN

you need an m10-1 tee, which i have already from MSCN for $22.50

And a bunch of lines, whether hard lines or -3 braid is up to you, big difference in price. I'm not sure how to run a hard line to the prop valve as it has 1/8npt fittings and not inverted seats like regular brake lines, there are adapters for braid though.

Hope this is helpful to people. Saves mucking around buying second hand nissan masters to suit your brake combo and hoping the bias is ok and they aren't faulty from sitting around dry for too long.

got my custom made mounting struts for my GT wing back from the machinist today

hopefully get my wing mounted on the car 2morrow

car is booked in to return back to powertune next Wednesday for some more work then hopefully after that it should be ready for some testing on the track to see where improvements can be made

Had the surfaces of all the parts machined ie turbo, manifold, dump pipe etc

Went to install my turbo and saw that the rear housing of the turbo was cracked very badly. Not happy at all...

I took the turbo to MTQ (highly recommend them) and they told me the turbo I had was a 3071R! I always thought it was a 2835, I could have sworn it said 2835 on it.

They said the turbo's original rear housing (0.64) had been replaced with the a 0.86. I have always been sceptical about the 0.86 rear housing since I originally bought the turbo ie too laggy with not enough top end. So since the 0.86 was farked I decided to replace the it with a 0.64.

So the turbo I have is now an GT3071R T2 0.64 rear - part number 700382-5003.

Despite only changing the rear housing I am hoping it will now perform like a 3071R and finally make some decent power with better response!