Sign in to follow this  
SRS13

Your car - what's happening?

Great to hear - hopefully it sells soon.

A friend has an SR8. Haven't been in it yet but heard it is phenomenal.

I've blown a manifold gasket and 2 turbo gaskets in the last 3 track days! So have to machine them to ensure a 100% flat surface.

^^http://www.performancecoating.com.au/news-and-pictures/2010/11/23/hi-octane-performance-coatings-now-offers-manifold-surfacing.html

For those interested in the Blue S15 that was on our stand at WTAC. It is now at our Carbon Fibre guy getting diffusers done, Sunline full Titanium exhaust has arrived and is being fitted, should be out on track soon!

personally it is going to have to be very very well sorted as a few have seen another currently N/A s15 that is probally one of the most developed s series cars i have seen before.

Like anything it will take a lot of time to get the car setup etc as you know, we will see what happens when it hits the track, it has the parts to be a good thing, now comes down to how he sets it up.

Who's N/A s15 are you talking about btw? Wayne's?

Brilliant. Thanks for that. Will bring them around when I can. Do I have to prebook? Do you/can you also machine the manifold to turbo flange area and the turbo flange itself?

Yes it is Wayne/Andrew's car. Thing is beautiful and mental at the same time. On saying that the blue S15 on your stand was a serious piece of gear.

No pre booking required. Shouldn't be an issue to do the other flanges, obviously with the turbo you will have to remove the rear housing, unless you want metal shavings going through your turbo that is haha.

I have heard good things about Wayne/Andrew's but am yet to lay eyes on the beast.

i saw teh new S15 they have and it ran 1:09s around Wakefield first time out as a non-turbo!!!

Once its turbo it will be weapon!!

Looks like I might have to step my car up another notch again!

^^^^sick!!!!

My engines at the shop getting machined, just waiting on a few things to come out of the states: S15 oil pump,ARP head studs, Tomei valve guides and an ACT 10.5 lb flywheel Yay

whats your car gonna be used for kemp? there's some pretty serious gear there, circuit racing maybe?? quater mile?? what brand is the digital dash?

looks good man!!

Great to hear - hopefully it sells soon.

A friend has an SR8. Haven't been in it yet but heard it is phenomenal.

I've blown a manifold gasket and 2 turbo gaskets in the last 3 track days! So have to machine them to ensure a 100% flat surface.

If you get the chance, go in it!

it runs

still needs more work but at least its running

*snip*

Great googilly moogilly..

i saw teh new S15 they have and it ran 1:09s around Wakefield first time out as a non-turbo!!!

Once its turbo it will be weapon!!

Looks like I might have to step my car up another notch again!

His car will likely be N/A for a while yet so you've probably got time on your side.

whats your car gonna be used for kemp? there's some pretty serious gear there, circuit racing maybe?? quater mile?? what brand is the digital dash?

looks good man!!

i just wanna have some fun in some thing spastic and improve on my driving then maybe some targa, sprints a bit of circuit racing

later on in the future i want to try a bigger cam shaft been looking at the kelford, frankin range

i got the dash from nathan at hioctane

got both my haltech ecu and dash from him

using a Haltech Platinum 1000 with Haltech MXL dash

finsihed of the new exhaust system in 3.5inch stainless :) should be ready to run it in on the dyno in a day or 2

That thing is a f**kin monster! The last bit where it comes around the corner looks so funny. Like a spider attacking a small bug or somethin :P

Car: bmw e30 320i

general updates: The thing keeps breaking. Just doesn't stop! :P

what's happening with it? At the moment its in the workshop getting a coilover kit put in. Taking longer than expected due to the front struts having to be welded in, which has therefore created a weakpoint at the stubaxle/knuckle. They are reinforcing it somehow, and I suppose I'll see when i get it back from the workshop. Apparently the reworking of it will be bulletproof :)

things your trying: Well I'll be TRYING to set it up when I get it back. Probably in the wet, considering this summer really hasn't been much of a summer yet lol

mods your planning: New wheels and rubber. Hoping to find a nice set of BBS' or similar. Full disk brake kit.. so new rotors, pads, and have to convert the rear 'drum' to disk! Braided lines etc. Strut braces. And any other bits and pieces I find.

Once I've got that sorted, working on the body/exterior of the car. Kit+respray.

In the mean time looking for a m20b25 engine which I will completely rebuild and turbo. With turbo, means new drive shafts, diff, the whole gear.

issues your dealing with: Building a car like this on $9 is f**king hard!!

Fuses keep blowing. Electrical problems. Things just keep braking! It's an old car which is in the process of being completely reworked so its bound to happen.

stuff your fixing : atm nothing. Waiting to get it back from the workshop to see why certain dash fuses keep blowing.

car is one step closer to being finished

engine is tuned

next on the list

get the wide body guards put on

adjust all the suspension arms

how did the GTK500 end up going?

384.5rwkw

im organising a turbo grind cam shaft from frankin camshafts over in N.Z at the moment

Fark! Well done that is a huge number particularly on that boost level. How much more power do you want? Are you going to drive it before doing the cams and new turbo?

yeah im gonna test it out on the track and have some fun with it B4 changing cams and turbo

might even leave the turbo and just do cams

just need to finish of the bodywork B4 i can drive it, wheels are sticking out some thing stupid because i haven't gotten around to putting the wide body guards on yet

ill try and get the guards done by next week some time im so geed up to drive it

Ive got some VE cams coming for a customer of ours, not cheap tho. Standard small lobe to help spool but bigger 2nd lobe.

Got a dyno sheet you can send me? keen to see the curve.

what cams did u get for the customer?? just standard P12 cams?

im using standard P12 cams at the moment, neva mind what the dyno sheet says about N1 cams

384rwkw.jpg

vecamspecs.jpg