Sign in to follow this  
scooby36

QLD S-Chassis Laptime Leaderboard

mmm unsure about ruzik's days but iv heard theres been dramas on his days aswell!

paul! have you got video of your QR 57 second lap? might want to double check it against the video stopwatch and see if you didnt actually go faster in reality!

great idea on the ku36s for next year, proposal added to first post.

show us pics of your aero creations harry !

mmm unsure about ruzik's days but iv heard theres been dramas on his days aswell!

paul! have you got video of your QR 57 second lap? might want to double check it against the video stopwatch and see if you didnt actually go faster in reality!

Will just go out and go faster soon I hope ............ lol Hoping for 55`s on the sprint track but we will see

Paul

front splitter/undertray finished tonight. Well nearly. I still want to make some ducting for the intercooler. I'll have to fit a tow hook too - there's nothing accessible now!

I didn't want it to protrude too far from the front for 2 reasons - my driveway is not particularly friendly and I want it to be subtle enough that I can still drive the car around on the street without removing it.

I covered the ply in ebay CF wrap on top rather than painting. Wing will go on Thur or Fri night.

DSCN9531.JPG?psid=1DSCN9530.JPG?psid=1

DSCN9528.JPG?psid=1

DSCN9522.JPG?psid=1

Edited by hrd

Makes two of us! :P

All you lucky buggers with reo bars to support your diffusers to. I have to go back to the top of the rad support I'd say.

niceee mofo!

i have the same dillemma.. just ordered one of these tow straps for just over 20 bux.

will weave it through the bar somehow

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRS-tow-eye-loop-strap-racing-track-car-Rally-Blue-/180562219168?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0a58d0a0

just hope my car doesnt think it can get beached in the gravel just because it has a tow point now

good find mate. I just grabbed one as well.

Edited by hrd

I grabbed one also. The tow hook setup I had has chomped up my shins plenty of times when walking past. I also don't like the way it flexes when the car is pulled from an angle. It also matches the paint colour of my car omg omg. :quagmire:

ready for tomorrow...

DSCN9541.JPG?psid=1

Wanna be tha fastest S chassis in Australia?

Buy my S15, would be a weapon and at least a full second faster than Paul and the S14 :P

Pm me if you have cash as I'm over dreamers that pretend they have money and are keen and going to come look...

Looks good harry. Goodluck for tomorrow. I've got a mate heading out in his R32 4 door who's just starting to get into it as well.

Saw a photo of hrd on the grassy hill. A birdy told me a tyre blew out? Sorry to hear. Did you get a quick lap out before it all happened?

sweet day today, congrats to michael who joins the 59 club at LS :]

and yea HRD suffered ANOTHER slick tyre getting cut, tissue paper sidewalls ?!?

don't buy Kumho slicks! Not terribly happy. The brand new front bar is broken, there's some gaurd damage, and a bit of damage to the castor arm bracket thanks to this slick exploding sending me through the paddock at about 115km/h. Not to mention the splitter...

Didn't like the rear wing much. It definitely made a difference. Car was much more settled over the bumps where the rear end normaly dances around which was good, but it made the car understeery, which is bad. I hate understeer. Nothing you can do in highspeed corners where you don't have the power available to turn the understeer into oversteer, except lift or left foot brake - both of which slow you down...

I reduced the angle of the wing after the second run, but it didn't make much difference. And with the understeer slowing me down my times weren't faster. Maybe it was the conditions, maybe it was that I didn't get many clean laps in without traffic. But I'd much rather do the same times without the wing.

here's some in-car

Session 2

Session 3

Edited by hrd

I have a smaller wing you're welcome to try while i'm still finishing my car. It's not quite as big as the one you had on the back so it might not be as prone to causing understeer.

thanks for the offer Mase. I'll probably try a more aggressive front splitter and there's still room for less rear wing angle too. And I could stiffen the rear up a bit with springs or swaybar. So I'll give all that a go first.

Edited by hrd

Going to be some records smashed at Morgan Park this weekend guys?

no other S-chassis have been there, so I guess so! haha Even the IPRA guys haven't used the new circuit yet as far as I know.

I'm just going out there to have some fun and drive hard.

Edited by hrd

Where did you find out about the morgan park event? I was just looking at the track the other day thinking I wouldn't mind having a go.

Have you blokes got any indication on how long shipping will be for the tow rope?

Morgan Park event I knew about last year. 1st year of the ASSC was 2008 in NSW at Eastern Creek, 2009 was VIC held at Phillip Is. I heard then (on a forum) that it was QLD's turn to host the CAMS Australian Supersprint Championship the following year, and being that Morgan Park is the only track where a CAMS club is still able to organise events, it was bound to be there. It appeard on the Morgan Park calendar early this year. Next year is SA and they haven't decided what to do after that yet...

I was loading the wheels in the Patrol this afternoon and I noticed my left front is also delaminated! There a big lump in the tread face, a couple of steel bands poking out and 2 small patches of rubber gone. So I'm going to have to ignore that last event as a test for the aero - with both front tyres delaminating, its no way to evaluate anything. I'm frickin glad the left didn't let go in the previous corner under the bridge! At least now I know the blowout was not from just barely cutting a corner!

New tyres going on tomorrow morning smile.gif And no, they're not Kumhos! lol although I wouldn't hesitate to use KU36 again - I've abused the hell out of them without any dramas. These slicks were on special because they were manufactured in 2006, but they still should not be delaminating! I'll be dropping into the QLD Kumho distributor on the way back from getting the new rubber fitted...

Edited by hrd

awesome weekend at morgan park, warwick. such an excellent technical challenging track!

hrd chasing me

my perspective chasing hrd :

my quickest lap:

outright winner's in-car:

supercharged honda-powered lotus, 7 seconds quicker !

awesome track, definately gonna have to sort a lip / diffuser for my 180 !

did the 180s have similar tyres ?

And where are you guys mounting the cameras?

same tyres for both of us,

mine has a shorter diff ratio which i think suited the short squirts of this track better,

camera mounted using a clamp thing to the roll bar

What size & type of tyres ? Went out to lakeside on 235 / 255 rsr's happy with them for the price.

Will have to improvise with my iphone4 mount until I get a half cage, found an app called harry's lap timer which does vid recording & has a similar HUD as ur racechrono.

I'm using Harry'sLapTimer. It was absolutely hopeless with the inbuilt GPS reciever. You need the TomTom in-car kit which has its own GPS reciever to get decent results from it. Its been spot on with the transponder timing at Morgan Park with the TomTom kit. There's no better test of accuracy than that. Or you could Jailbreak it and use a bluetooth GPS unit.

Have you got any videos uploaded with Harrys lap timer? Interested to see what the video quality is like from the iphone4 with the HUD and all.

no, I've got an old iphone - no video. there's sample video on their website though

Hey Guys

Good show at Morgan Park , have to get up there sometme soon .

Will be back out with Greddy T518Z back on ( new one showed up this week :) and HKS cams hopefully QR on the 23rd and Lakeside 2nd Dec - hanging out to drive it again

Paul

awesome weekend at morgan park, warwick. such an excellent technical challenging track!

hrd chasing me

my perspective chasing hrd :

my quickest lap:

outright winner's in-car:

supercharged honda-powered lotus, 7 seconds quicker !

Damn that Lotus is Quick !!!!!!!!