Sign in to follow this  
scooby36

QLD S-Chassis Laptime Leaderboard

Tired of hanging around carparks frothing over your car's fully sick bodykit, hellaflush offset and huge dyno number and wondering what to do with your life?

Make no more excuses! Stop aimlessly spending money on upgrades - start driving the way these cars were made to be driven!

Update: Class Divisions the lists now seperate the hardcore tyre users from the street tyre users to make the list more achievable for those on lower budgets.

To qualify for the street tyre class:

- car must be road registered

- tyres must be of treadwear 120 or higher, (595 rsr being the softest tyre available)

- no aerodynamic devices allowed apart from factory items

LEADERBOARD On google docs !

yay no more shitty forum editing !

OLD TOP30 RANKINGS HERE

OLD SURFACE QR RANKINGS HERE

Links:

Very Extensive Car preparation guide thanks to Billzilla

Great video

- study this if you want to go fast.

TimeAttack Run by Paul, very efficient and plenty of track time. great value.

QR official site

Natsoft Results: 2011 2012

if you spot an error or your lap needs updating email me calw85 at gmail dot com

Edited by scooby36

Awesome, cheers for that :rolleyes: now i know what to aim for lol.

Edit: just realised im already up there haha

You can add my Sprint time there if u want bud ;) what about Clubman and national? Morgan park even?

updated ! cheers fellas keep em coming.

Also if you can help with which tyres you were running to set the lap...

this will hopefully encourage more people to come along and have a go :] less hardparking, more fast driving

Hoosier slicks at the time. It was when my car was at its best set up. I was going to be finally running in the sub 60's that day until my dodgy battery boot relocation install decided to fail. I had battery acid flying around every where :( I then sold the slicks and everything changed and i've yet to give it another crack... One day!

Had my first try at grip racing yesterday at QR.

Unfortunately only had 2 sessions on the clubman circuit and 1 on the sprint before the rain kicked in.

Anyhow how, best times were

Clubman - 66.2

Sprint - 62.4

Had such a ball.. Can't wait to try again :)

Great times for the circumstances. What tyres were you using?

Callum you can put my tyres down as 225 wide Advan Neovas and 255 wide Federal RSR's

I have Advan 048's. they rock!!!!

I am so use to crappy chinese drift tyres, these things just stuck so well. I think I could have pushed them even harder but I was being a bit of a pussy.. Much to learn, esp braking.

Anyway, forgot to mention for those don't know my drift car, it's an s14 Silvia with FMIC, Exhaust, PFC, coilovers, full interior+rollcage and 0.6bar boost).. No idea what power it makes as I have never had it dyno tuned :S

Guy

What did they set you back? I had advan neovas on the front of mine. They're a great street tyre but could't handle the hard braking at QR.

Are you using a base map tune?

I actually scored big time for these tyres.. I bought them off a dude with a Porsche GT3 that for some reason, didn't like them after one session of lakeside. He said he paid around $500 each but he sold them to me for $400 for the set!!!

They still have the 'new' nipples on them. lol

I bought the car in 2006 from the auctions in Japan, and have not touched the tune. The car was built by a workshop over there for grip racing so have always hoped they got the tune right.. I run jack all boost and it doesn’t knock, so I am not too worried. It’s been such a reliable drift car that I am a little scared of ruining a good thing.

But I am also keen to go faster now & I will have to up the boost, so a tune will be on the cards some time soon.

Any suggestions? I have heard good things about Gavin Woods.

advan048s.png

Very good score!!!

I've heard good things about Matty Spry at PITS. I got my car tuned at GT Auto in Newmarket and they seemed to have done a good job.

Matty Spry at PITS tuned mine. Very happy with it.

Harry

updated - damn 2 new QR records for SR powered sils !

option1 s14 is now quickest !

I know not a Sil but I just got a new PB at lakeside in the MX5 and thought i would share :) On brand new Dunlop D01J tyres (scrub in run), way better than the Advans that were on there :) 1:05:54, definitely be able to dip into the 1:04's with a bit more wheel time

updated - damn 2 new QR records for SR powered sils !

option1 s14 is now quickest !

hell yeah - very quick! are you sure they were still using RS-R's though? If so that's an insane time!!!

Seems a little hard to believe they did it with the RSR's but if so that's great as I now have them front and back! :P

Anyone racing this sunday at Lakeside? Callum?

MSG'ed paul to try and confirm :]

yep im driving on sun, few changes to the car, hoping to go quick !

my guess is they changed to the FZ201 semi slick. 2sec is about what you'd expect from a good semi slick compared to the RSR.

If so, that will be my next set of tyres!

Your Guess is incorrect :)

Time put down was on rsr's :)

255 35 18 RSR Front, 265 35 18 RSR Rear...

Still possible improvements to be done! Can be faster...

RSR's WORK

Edited by POO-006

hey Guys

yes as Robby says above it was on RSR`s - Since last time it was out the engine got a freshen up and now has a Trust T518 with haltech and Racepak dash - retuned it got 240kw at the rear so that plus a few suspension tweaks and I was pushing pretty hard we got the 57.22 .

So when we do get some R compund tyres should be fun :thumbsup:

Paul

that's a staggering time on that rubber! congrats Paul!

do you know what it weighs?

And when are you coming to Lakeside?

hey Guys

yes as Robby says above it was on RSR`s - Since last time it was out the engine got a freshen up and now has a Trust T518 with haltech and Racepak dash - retuned it got 240kw at the rear so that plus a few suspension tweaks and I was pushing pretty hard we got the 57.22 .

So when we do get some R compund tyres should be fun :thumbsup:

Paul

That's an awesome time Paul. What spring rates and tyre pressures are you running if you don't mind me asking?

and now Scooby36 has gone 59seconds at Lakeside on RSR's!

^^ watching him drive was a pleasure to the eyes :) as well as that GTR holy hell!!!! Well Done

Nice work Callum. It was interesting seeing your vid, will have to try a few different things next time when the car is fixed. What was the go with you reversing your tyres by the way?

thanks mate :]

yea my left side are being chewed by clockwise circuits. flip to let the other tyres do some work for once - edit- still grip well enough for a pb on them 59.89

need more camber.