Sign in to follow this  
180fan

Stargate Universe

Not sure how many stargate fans are on here, but I thought I'd start this anyway

The pilot episode just aired last week in the US. Was pretty good imo. The third part of the episode airs this week. There are some obvious similarities with Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek Voyager, but not in a bad way. Looks like the show has a lot of potential.

I dont want to spoil it for anybody, so i'll leave it at that.

I am a fan, like the original stargate better than the stargate atlantis but still that was okay. Keen to see this pilot!

yea original stargate was the best love the original cast. There were also a couple stargate movies made that were worth watching will be interested in checking this new one out

Oh wow I checked the trailer out on youtube... Im kinda dissapointed looks very americanised :(

Oh wow I checked the trailer out on youtube... Im kinda dissapointed looks very americanised :(

I thought it would be crap when i saw one of the trailers as well tbh. It is fairly american oriented, but you kinda have to expect that I think. The original stargate series was too imo, especially at the start.

Yea at the start the original one was but then it kind of relaxed and got really good with character interaction etc.

I was a fan!

I was a bit skeptical after seeing previews and the right-ups, but i'm quite pleased now.

The show has a lot of potential and i think it'll keep everyone on their toes a bit more than Atlantis and SG-1. We'll see.

looks kinda ok. but after seeing the ad for it a million times....i have to watch it now.<_<

Edited by BoostJunky

I've gotta say, I was a massive SG-1 fan, loved it. Been watching all of SGU that is available so far and I love it!! Just has a much cooler feel to it, they're really removed a lot of the nerdiness from it as well (from the 3 episodes ive seen) which means now my girlfriend enjoys it

I've gotta say, I was a massive SG-1 fan, loved it. Been watching all of SGU that is available so far and I love it!! Just has a much cooler feel to it, they're really removed a lot of the nerdiness from it as well (from the 3 episodes ive seen) which means now my girlfriend enjoys it

Is that even possible from a sci-fi show based in the future with heaps of different alien races and computers and guns?

Actually is that even possible from a sci-fi at all :ph34r:

I've gotta say, I was a massive SG-1 fan, loved it.  Been watching all of SGU that is available so far and I love it!! Just has a much cooler feel to it, they're really removed a lot of the nerdiness from it as well (from  the 3 episodes ive seen) which means now my girlfriend enjoys it

Is that even possible from a sci-fi show based in the future with heaps of different alien races and computers and guns?

Actually is that even possible from a sci-fi at all  :ph34r:

well it's a character driven plot, so yeah, doesn't matter what genre it is

seen the episodes. never watched sg1 completely. just a few episodes here and there and i gotta say the sg1 is better. like universe they spent one episode trying to find wet sand? to create lime or something for their ship's life support system yet they had water on them? i dunno. but yeh probly had a reason im not thinking of right now. will give it another try. good that robert carlyle is in it. otherwise we would not know any of the stars.

Im really enjoying it so far.. massive stargate fan from the start and its feeding my want for more stargate :D look forward to getting home from work tonight to watch ep 4 :D

there have been some really interesting differences in it so far and a little mystery which is also good.

Like the lack of the DHD

what was that probe that left destiny in the end of ep 3

what powers the ship

the age of it all.. its obviously older then Atlantis.. but is it older then the stargate that was found in the antarctic that was carbon dated at 50 million years old!!!!

here is a picture that i found tho that i found funny tho :D

2009-10-05.jpg

torrents or sci fi if you have foxtel

Yeah, I've been getting it from mininova.

any cameos from SG1 or atlantis characters?

There are some characters that 'cross over'. Such as Jack O'Neill, Sam Carter and Daniel Jackson.

There might be a few more, but that's all that's appeared so far.

Yeah, RDA has made a few appearances as Jack O'Neill but that is all really, apart from Carter and Jackson in the first episode.

Just finished watching episode 8 then, I like how its going so far. One thing to mention though, if you go into it expecting SG1 and SGA then you will probably be disappointed. The show is pretty different to those two, but I dont think its different in a bad way.

its different in a brilliant way! no more saving the world in the last 5min of the show! its actually believable. lol

its different in a brilliant way! no more saving the world in the last 5min of the show! its actually believable. lol

Yeah, instead they are spending the last 5mins of the show trying to save themselves :lol:

Just in case anyone is wondering, E10 was the last episode that will be shown this year

And apparently Ch10 will be showing SGU on monday nights soon.

Just in case anyone is wondering, E10 was the last episode that will be shown this year

And apparently Ch10 will be showing SGU on monday nights soon.

woot this is true!! 8.3o?

is ep 11 out yet?

Episode 11 won't come out until next year, and more than likely it won't be out until the Northern hemisphere's summer (April/June).

damn, not a bad guess.

I hate the Australian Summer, there is never anything good on.

new episode is up!! im downloading it now

Perfect timing, with Caprica having just started its mid season break