Sign in to follow this  
delazy

Oz Drift GP - Baskerville Raceway

Bah get one up ya!

Do for the drivers and the crowd not for the pocket :yes:

This I why Ive stood back from this event lazy

I found out yesterday that the Light car club up north are holding a 1 day Tasmania super sprint championship event on the 21st of November the say day as this. its going to be pretty much Time Attack rules with fastest time in class taking the prize.

Unfortunately that will rule out the 3 cars that we were bringing down for the time attack and im not sure if i will be able to make the event myself. pretty pissed off about the whole thing. <_>

Wecome to tasmania, nothing for 364 days of the year and everything on the 365th day lol.

Its all part of the fun though ha.

• Upvote 1

lol @ racin jason , how dare you say he f**ked up lol again .... i reckon i'm gunna enter street for a laugh :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANNOUNCEMENT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$2000 up for grabs in qualifying at the OZ Drift GP!!!!

Smashing all drift prize money records in Australia, the OZ Drift GP has $2000 on the line for the number one qualifiers in Pro and Street classes. This is a HUGE opportunity for drivers to score some serious coin for driving flat out in the qualifying sessions. Street-class drivers will battle it out for a cold hard $500 smackers, whilst the elite level Pro-class is fight tooth and nail to get their hands on an unprecedented $1500!!!!!

Street-class will be run in traditional qualifying format, and with $500 up for grabs, this event will showcase the very best up and coming drivers around. Pro-class qualifying will be something very special, with a cool and challenging twist to ensure only the very best driver gets his oil stained hands on the $1500 cash.....it will be something new, it will be exciting, and it will be both wicked to watch and wicked to participate in....STAY TUNED FOR MORE! :thumbsup: Cmon....did you expect any less from us?

Entry to the OZ Drift GP is now open! Head to www.ozdriftgp.com.au - CLICK HERE

Transport info too the event is here - CLICK HERE FOR A ROAD TRIP!

yeah wouldnt mind doing time attack for shits n giggles but my car is still a year away yet lol

thinkin about time attack...

think rogers mentioned his already enter'd in both pro class and time attack...see if your dirty nissan has wat it takes to run sub 61's like the yota :P

thinkin about time attack...

think rogers mentioned his already enter'd in both pro class and time attack...see if your dirty nissan has wat it takes to run sub 61's like the yota :P

If my car was off the road as long as his and had been modifyied as much, probably...

Like i said thinkin about it.

How's the time attack going to be run?

yeah wouldnt mind doing time attack for shits n giggles but my car is still a year away yet lol

f**k off lol, seriously stop f**k assing around & get it on the road already!

lol

not made of money sorry andrew would rather take my time n spend the money i earn than getting myself into dept at this stage

brendo you be lucky to have ever done a sub 2 minute around barsky. go and have a crack at a club day before you ever mention it again. most circuit guys spend the equivalent on their brake to what your car is worth. not a chance i say.

i know that sounds very negative but there is enough drift know all about and now that "TIME ATTACK" has become popular all the Pop culture Kids are becoming experts.

haha i can still out and have a go if i like?never said id be any good?its all about fun f**k head...and whats money got to do with anything? why havnt you said anything to ppl going in street and pro drift that prolly shouldnt be in there

tossa.

• Upvote 1

i know that sounds very negative but there is enough drift know all about and now that "TIME ATTACK" has become popular all the Pop culture Kids are becoming experts.

i'm tempted to have a go at time attack ;) , i'm pretty sure if i can get a 1400kg 80rwk hq into 67's with street tyres i can get a 1200kg 200rwk ceff with (old) slicks into the low 61's? , actually , if it was judged on consistency $50 says i'd win it :ph34r::D

• Upvote 1

fark thats me out then i didnt realise it was for PRO's with big brakes only

• Upvote 1

How's the time attack going to be run?

not knowing how this event will be ran and being based off the SA event...it was a flying lap...best time out of 2 laps...one lap warm up...timed lap...one lap cool down...another timed lap...not knowing how they are running it...potentially only getting 4 laps

arr okay.. i wonder how many of the "pros" have shown interest?

who cares if ur a pro or not, if you want to enter in it enter in it!

i might do it just for shits & giggles, get some official times & shit!

seriously, if my intention in entering in drift events was only to win & nothing else then i may aswell not waste my time & just take up growing drugs...coz think i'd have alot more of a chance of growing drugs & getting away with it then winning an event! anyone who has seen my driving will agree :lol:

not aimed at anyone but seriously, anyone who says "you cant enter this because you wont win"...what makes you think they want to enter it to win it? not everything is about winning!

• Upvote 1

haha i can still out and have a go if i like?never said id be any good?its all about fun f**k head...and whats money got to do with anything? why havnt you said anything to ppl going in street and pro drift that prolly shouldnt be in there

tossa.

Brendo, go and have an Emo Mastie! go and have a read through the Drift GP info in the drift section. oh wait just read below.

at this point its aimed at actual Grip cars. the point isnt about you actually entering or not, im all for more entries to any motor sport, its about how you are yet to show any result of how much of an expert you are on all this stuff. i believe that the proof is in the pooding. when i see you out doing anything ill come and pat you on the back and say what a good job.

Also in regards to your other statements, i am in no place to judge who should and who shouldnt enter street and Pro class. where as the time attack im pretty sure id be happy to judge the entry list if it was put in front of me. Rodgers for example has done enough laps and shown enough potential to drive in TA and if they dont let him they are stupid.

Time attack is at this point in time....purely for circuit orientated 'Grip' cars....so the EVO will be a good weapon to choose for that one. I might however have something up my sleeve......stay tuned!

More announcements very very soon!

RJ

Toffy, id hardly even think you would have to comment. Ive seen you in the HQ plenty of times but i wasnt saying if you have a drift car you shouldnt enter TA i was mearly pointing out brendos capabilities.

Echo. i dont even know who you are but if your as good at driving as you are poking your key board in to every debate on the interwebz than you should defiantly enter

Madskidz. like ive said im all for as many people entering motor sport events as possible but this is going to be a National level event and the TA is supposed to be a spectacle or crowd drawer. i wouldnt be paying moey to go and see someone thats never driven a grip lap of a track go out and learn. its not like a practice day or club day where you go and learn. Im Not saying that you shoudnt enter because you wont win because thats not why Most of us do it im saying it because theres a bit more to it than filling out the entry form.

So the point is At this stage its not open to every tom dick and harry and its more so about your capabilities than if you want to or not.

Any who ill be there and ill be entering # class and probably be doing time attack as well providing RJ will let me. So feel free to hang all the shit you like on me but ill be there doing it regardless of what someone says on NS.

(Brendo posting) delany y was nothing said bout maccas car then seeing its a street car? damo pretty sure your a shit bloke would be like a da driver saying about your capabilitys of being a fail seeing your driving experience... but i doubt they would cause they not that arrogant dunno how you could be, im sorry for showing intrest in a motorsport event because im "not capable" i better stick to the street then if im not good enough! n just stick to ripping you off with wheels i sell you ;)

Something just dosesn't feel right about all this..........

Wheres medwin unsure.gif

wub.gif

brendo you be lucky to have ever done a sub 2 minute around barsky. go and have a crack at a club day before you ever mention it again. most circuit guys spend the equivalent on their brake to what your car is worth. not a chance i say.

U don't need to enter to win though? Some ppl prob just wanna have a go for fun and get some lap times on record.

I'd be keen for time attack if there was time to change tyres, raise car, change alignment then back again for drift but it's hardly worth it.

lol this makes me laugh, internet is a bad idea for some people. If the event was just advertised on tv and local paper without a discussion forum the world would be a much better place, If your going to enter just do it, the authorities running the event will soon tell you yes or no, If you generally just want to run around the track and get some lap times i would not even bother entering the ta, just pay $55 or what ever it is and head out for private practice, you'll do that many laps you'll get sick of it.

And really come on, this is the biggest drift event to date in australia, the Time attack is just a side show, Like shooting the fake ducks at the show in comparision to riding the biggest roller coaster, I think some people are taking the TA way out of context

raise car, change alignment then back again for drift but it's hardly worth it.

:lol: You are a constant source of amusement to me Brad.

Sounds like its going to be a good event I will be looking at getting involved at officiating I think.

Or maybe I'll enter the Charade in "Pro Class" :ph34r:

at this point its aimed at actual Grip cars. the point isnt about you actually entering or not, im all for more entries to any motor sport, its about how you are yet to show any result of how much of an expert you are on all this stuff. i believe that the proof is in the pooding. when i see you out doing anything ill come and pat you on the back and say what a good job.

brendo has been in practise days and I think one private lap day? so brendo says he wants to have a go you tell him he's no good,

then pronounce to the world your a top bloke and you will congradulate him if he has a go at something after telling not to enter...

go figure!

Also in regards to your other statements, i am in no place to judge who should and who shouldnt enter street and Pro class. where as the time attack im pretty sure id be happy to judge the entry list if it was put in front of me. Rodgers for example has done enough laps and shown enough potential to drive in TA and if they dont let him they are stupid.

Got one bit right...

Echo. i dont even know who you are but if your as good at driving as you are poking your key board in to every debate on the interwebz than you should defiantly enter

daimo you seem to be on equal terms here.

Madskidz. like ive said im all for as many people entering motor sport events as possible but this is going to be a National level event and the TA is supposed to be a spectacle or crowd drawer. i wouldnt be paying moey to go and see someone thats never driven a grip lap of a track go out and learn. its not like a practice day or club day where you go and learn. Im Not saying that you shoudnt enter because you wont win because thats not why Most of us do it im saying it because theres a bit more to it than filling out the entry form.

This event is drift aurientated, time attack is just a spot filler, whats the differene between andrew and brendo wanting to enter?

So feel free to hang all the shit you like on me but ill be there doing it regardless of what someone says on NS.

think you need to take a good look at yourself mate after saying that and your last couple of posts.

raise car, change alignment then back again for drift but it's hardly worth it.

:lol: You are a constant source of amusement to me Brad.

Sounds like its going to be a good event I will be looking at getting involved at officiating I think.

Or maybe I'll enter the Charade in "Pro Class" :ph34r:

nah at the moment the S14 is way too low for circuit. I tried a couple of months ago and it was just $60 down the drain. First lap just takin it easy gettin tyres up to temp, there was smoke and bits of rubber flyin out of the front outside guard.

Circuit work with grippier tyres needs more camber and caster to wear even.

Pretty straight forward really. Makes heaps of difference.

Toffy, id hardly even think you would have to comment. Ive seen you in the HQ plenty of times but i wasnt saying if you have a drift car you shouldnt enter TA i was mearly pointing out brendos capabilities.

sorry my bad , i thought you were saying basically that it was for 'pro' drivers only , 'pro' is something i believe i am far from :P . i understood what you were saying to brendo , which was basically don't shoot your mouth off saying you know more than you do :) , which i know is a fair call from you as you have alot to do with targa cars :).

p.s brad , if your car doesn't handle grip driving theres a pretty strong possibility that your setup isn't aligned too well? , what was it doing that made it a waste of $$/time?

(brendo posting) umm where did i shoot my mouth off? cause im pretty sure i didnt? i showed intrest in an event and got shut down by damo for no reason?

just think when you first started out was there the same arrogance in the air? or were the more experienced drivers trying to offer encouragment and get more ppl involved.... ego

sorry my bad , i thought you were saying basically that it was for 'pro' drivers only , 'pro' is something i believe i am far from :P . i understood what you were saying to brendo , which was basically don't shoot your mouth off saying you know more than you do :) , which i know is a fair call from you as you have alot to do with targa cars :).

p.s brad , if your car doesn't handle grip driving theres a pretty strong possibility that your setup isn't aligned too well? , what was it doing that made it a waste of $$/time?

guards rubbing from the extra g-force and knuckles too short for grip driving. Not enough control in the steering. AWESOME for drift tho. Also need to run like 0.3-0.5 degrees rear camber for drift and it still wears the inside more where as with circuit, it wears even at about 3.2 front, 1.5 rear with 9 degrees caster which helps a lot for front end grip for circuit. Useless for drift havin that much caster tho. Gets the tyres right on their edges when on lock which isn't too good.

It used to be really quick but it's a lot lower now and guards rub too much for that kinda driving.

(brendo posting) umm where did i shoot my mouth off? cause im pretty sure i didnt? i showed intrest in an event and got shut down by damo for no reason?

just think when you first started out was there the same arrogance in the air? or were the more experienced drivers trying to offer encouragment and get more ppl involved.... ego

are you taking a shot at me? , personally i couldn't give a F u C k what you do/say brendo . makes no difference whatsoever to me. if your talking about when i started hq , yeah there was/is some arrogance in the air nobody wanted to offer me any advice , still is , same at drift events too , if your not pro your a nobody that most people cbf even saying g'day to you , i couldn't give 2 shits about that either ,those who do talk to me know me . i didn't read back on exactly what was said before the last post and i'm sure as F u C k not gunna bother now , why? , because quite simply , i don't care :) have a nice day , drink lots , be merry :)

diclaimer: i andrew toth am not taking shots at anybody and quite honestly don't give 2 shits full stop.

p.s if anyone cares about anything i have said they can plain and simply bite me. thank you for reading this post lol