Sign in to follow this  
Simon-S14

Tyre Review thread.

where can i find neuton tyres in adelaide? i called afew tyrepowers and they said its called nexen not neuton..

are the nexen N5000 the ones that are good for the rears when drifting? or am i just lost and there really is a neuton NT5000?

yer iv use the nexen N5000 and iv been useing N6000 i think they are

and the same supler over in vic do nexen and neutons i just got some neuton NT5000 to see how they go

yes there really is a neuton NT5000 and they are not the same as nexan's at all.

wot tyres do u recommend in 205/60r15? cos most sports tyres i;ve seen and asked about come in a lower profile...

wot tyres do u recommend in 205/60r15? cos most sports tyres i;ve seen and asked about come in a lower profile...

lol did u call up adelaide tyrepower today?

anyway they are the guys to see for neutons, they look after drifters pretty well.

what PSI do ya run when drifting just as from previous posts some guy are running with 20ish PSI i thought the higher the PSI the better grip or am i just plain wrong

its a compromise, generally lower PSI the more grip, but u do get reduced feel.

what PSI do ya run when drifting just as from previous posts some guy are running with 20ish PSI i thought the higher the PSI the better grip or am i just plain wrong

Depends on a lot of factors. The more power u have, the less psi u want to run to maintain grip. Higher psi for lower powered cars and light cars. But if u have ur suspension setup to slide easier, then psi can change as well. All trial and error.

I'm sponcered by Federal Tyres and i run the 595 RS-R tyre, 245/35R18 tyre on the rear, and it is an amazing tyre, great traction and loads of smoke, i start the pressure off at around 18psi and keep it at a max of 27psi when hot.

Great feel and wears down to the metal without chunking.

Clarkey.

Last time I went out I ran Bridgestone Supercat 195/65/14 rear and Bravum Bravuris 195/60/14 front, they went OK. Supercats lasted all day without delam and still had legal tread when I went home, and the Bravums were sticky enough for me lol

I only have 90-odd rwkw, Superlows and a welded diff though (1981 Mitsubishi Scorpion).

ok back to back of neutons vs admirals, id say the neutons last about half as long, smoke a lot harder, have a bit more grip etc etc.

if ur on a budget, and just want something that lasts, admirals are where it's at, will last longer than probably anything on the market, but if u want something that will give more grip and smoke up a bit more, neutons is the choice.

true that, and after some testing the Firenza's seems to be inbetween the neutons and the admirals, and cheaper too.

can get firenza's in 15's dirt cheap, yeah prob about same as N2000's but with a tad more grip maybe once they are warmed up.

I used the Neuton NT5000 235/40/18's in Drift Australia just gone

The 18's were alot grippier then the 17's but then again it was a different track and that could have played a huge part..

Tyre NEUTON NT5000

Price $130

Size used 235/40/18

PSI run 30PSI

Review - Lasted a total of 4 laps at ORAN, the last lap would be slightly too slippery. Would not use them fr a re-run etc..

Wear - Awesome as always, all 20 tyres went all the way to the belts perfectly

Had a interesting convo come up with MadMike from NZ and he said sub20PSI is just crazy. He runs mid 30psi min... on wet tracks... let alone dry tracks :lol: I found this interesting so next comp im going to play with the pressures around the high 30 to 40 psi mark. hmmmmm

lol yeh didnt u run like 17psi? try going as high as u can without delaming then watch the smoke pour out (according to the japs) but will probs be slippery as fuck.

lol yeh didnt u run like 17psi? try going as high as u can without delaming then watch the smoke pour out (according to the japs) but will probs be slippery as fuck.

yeah i was running around 18psi with my 17 inch neutons at times :lol:

Hayden tried 50psi in his Neutons and notice only a slight change in grip... wasnt huge so i think i might have to try that :)

yeh give it a crack in practice, hopefully they dont delam.

well when hayden ran 50 in his they wore the same as always, smoked harder and the loss of grip was barely noticable. if any at all.

well when hayden ran 50 in his they wore the same as always, smoked harder and the loss of grip was barely noticable. if any at all.

almost tempted to try it myself, only issue is i can really afford for things to go wrong, a pair of tyres are basically my whole stockpile for an event lol

nothing is going to go wrong, other then the fact u might smack a wall again or something... but the tyres will be alright!

me and my mates are using goodrite tyres for drift school lol goodrite anyone even seen em b4?

:lol: sounds interesting... i just gto word im coming also :) cant wait!!!

And Simon right ;) tyres wont fark up at all

I am giving the kumho ku36's a go got some new ones for the front in 235/45/17 for $140 fitted, balanced inc GST! seems reasonable. Anyone here used them? There are a few reviews on the net but wondered on peoples thoughts here

Ok i fitted up the ku36's but it seems i have clearance problems now! :o:S

I so thought i had found myself a good cheap steer tyre!

Looks like the ku36's (on the front) are about 3cm taller in diameter also dont offer the rim much protection compared to the neatons on the back. I am thinking of going 215's (225's are dearer for some reason) on the front instead but i did not really want too much of a streach as i wanted the biggest footprint on the ground as possible especially on the front!!!

WTF should i do??

Might go throw some fn spanners at the fn wall lol

Ok i fitted up the ku36's but it seems i have clearance problems now! :o:S

I so thought i had found myself a good cheap steer tyre!

Looks like the ku36's (on the front) are about 3cm taller in diameter also dont offer the rim much protection compared to the neatons on the back. I am thinking of going 215's (225's are dearer for some reason) on the front instead but i did not really want too much of a streach as i wanted the biggest footprint on the ground as possible especially on the front!!!

WTF should i do??

Might go throw some fn spanners at the fn wall lol

PM sent dude

Tyre kuhmo ecsta spt

Price not sure

Size 235/40 R18

PSI 46

Review - Front use, good grip wet and dry

Wear - good, 12 months of track work

Tyre falken ze329

Price i think 220 rrp

Size used 235/40 R18

PSI run 40

Review - Rear use : very good grip and decent smoke

Wear - lasted about 6 to 7 laps on 260rwkw 200sx with no delam

Tyre fortuna

Price 160 approx

Size used 235/40 R18

PSI run 38

Review - Rear use: crap, heaps of grip straight line but none sideways and they wont stop sqealing

Wear - 8 laps

Tyre - Toyo proxes 4

Price - unsure

Size used 275/35 R18 (couldve been 40 series i cant remember)

PSI run 40

Review - Rear use : very good grip and smoke

Wear - from 2nd hand i got 3 laps

Tyre kuhmo ku36 semi slick

Price 160 each maybe ?

Size used 205/50 R15

PSI run 32

Review - Front use: excelent grip dry (comparable or better than A048/A032) cold not so good and wet shocking slippery

Wear - used on front.. not much wear

Tyre Bridgestone adrenalin RE001

Price 200 each rrp approx ?

Size used 205/50 R15

PSI run have run 40 now down to 30

Review - Rear use excellent grip and smoke from brande new cold untill finished

Wear - 4 laps untill no tread left at all half a lap more till delam

Tyre - Toyo R1R

Price - 220 each rrp approx ?

Size - 205/50 R15

PSI run - 30 F , 30 to 24 R

Review - Front use : excellent grip and controll havent tested in the wet yet but they feel promising

Review - Rear use : excellent grip from new, slightly more grip in straight than on full lock, get slippery on last bit of tread and not as much smoke

Wear - 4 laps maybe 5 but the 5th lap would be very slippery. and they wear very quickly on the front also

Tyre - kuhmo ecsta spt

Price - on special 99$ rrp

Size - 195/50 R15

psi run - 32

Review - Rear use : slippery unless fitted backwards (directional) no smoke unless backwards, they fell like they have heaps of grip on a street car tho

Wear - last all day directional but on backwards they last 5 to 6 laps

Tyre - bridgestone potenza RE540s

Price - 330$

Size - 215/50 R15

psi run - 34

review - Rear use insane amounts of grip and even more smoke

Wear - 3 maybe stretch it to 4 laps

the cool kids steal there tyres from cluse bros waste pile..... is that stealing...... ps watch out for brown snakes

i tried out 235/45/17 kinforest tyres 100 bucks not that grippy

heaps of smoke, good wear until they got down, also swapped left to right as left wears quicker at oran park. then they delammed on the last 2mm of tread.

also tried 215 45 17 sonny tyres 100bucks

decent smoke not much grip but i was running 215 not 235 (will try 235 next time)

wore all the way down beautifully

i heard alot about these nutons, i have a pair in the garage so ill let you guys no after i bake them