Sign in to follow this  
Simon-S14

Tyre Review thread.

i think it would be worth putting retail, or as close to in the price box, im sure we all have hook ups to get them cheaper, but that doesnt really help people trying to get a idea of them all comparitively.

gotta love the price tag Robby :P wish mine cost N/A :lol:

i think it would be worth putting retail, or as close to in the price box, im sure we all have hook ups to get them cheaper, but that doesnt really help people trying to get a idea of them all comparitively.

I Work and Drive for them, so sitting at my computer i only have wholesale prices.... If you check with Option1Garage on these forums he is selling out Federals at Great Prices, and has shipping deals also!

So that was my reason for not imputting prices, i couldn't tell you what they rrp for... As i have no clue...

Twisted_SIL80... haha it is nice to have a large number of rsr's sitting there to skid

was really just a general thing for everyone.

anyway..... back to the review

At DSC i used toyo proxes 4's on the back and RE001's on the front.

both are an awesome tyre, i use RE001's as a streer tyre because they work from go, dont need warming up, and just grip in any condition, wet or dry! highly rate them!

Tyre Toyo proxes 4's

Price $130

Size used 195/50/15

PSI run 30 dry and 26 wet

Review - bloody awesome tyre, in the dry i found that they were very grippy and lasted ages. i acctually ended up pumping them up to 40 psi and maintiaining the pressures from there as there were a little too grippy for my KE70 with 190 rwkw. in the wet they were awesome! with only the R1R being better then these lol.

Wear - great, dead even, as long as they are maintained for pressures and not over heated.

Tyre: Federal 595 SS

Price: $100 each

Size used 235/45/17

PSI run: 35

Review - Very consistent tyres, not amazingly grippy but they do pretty well. Haven't delaminated one yet (used about 10 pairs so far) and the grip doesn't fade when they start to run low on tread. Wear pretty well too, usually use 2 pairs on a full track day, about 50% on a short track

Too High Tyre Pressures!!!

Price: N/A

Size Used: 235/45/17, 255 40 17, 275 40 17

PSI run: 24 psi big track 22psi small track

Review - Constantly Grippy, From New To Dead. Haven't ever demalanated one, have have used PLENTY. Coupled with RSR Steer Tire, they make a great package...

Front: Federal 595RSR Semi Slick

Size Used: 235/40/18

Psi Run: 26psi cold

Review: Superior Grip, Still good on 4 wheel lock entries, Don't take ages to get warm, Never experience issues with using them basically cold, even on small tight technical tracks. Super Stiff Sidewall so no sloppy feel...

Rear: Federal 595 RSR Semi Slick

Size Used: 235/45/17 255/40/17

Psi Run - 22-28psi cold

Review: Demands Driving Agression, Loads of Grip, haha crazy smoke! I found if your not committed and agressive it will GRIP up and straighten... Turn them alright with just under 300rwkw

i seen wat u do with them. i tryed 2 get 2 RSRs off neta but they said they give too many away 2 u

Sounds like this is a bit of a brag about sponsorship thread.

As if you dont know the rrp of the tyres you sell.

And if its sponsorship then you really should know the product your pushing

Price: $100 each

Size used 235/45/17

PSI run: 35

Review - Very consistent tyres, not amazingly grippy but they do pretty well. Haven't delaminated one yet (used about 10 pairs so far) and the grip doesn't fade when they start to run low on tread. Wear pretty well too, usually use 2 pairs on a full track day, about 50% on a short track

Too High Tyre Pressures!!!

Size Used: 235/45/17, 255 40 17, 275 40 17

PSI run: 24 psi big track 22psi small track

Review - Constantly Grippy, From New To Dead. Haven't ever demalanated one, have have used PLENTY. Coupled with RSR Steer Tire, they make a great package...

Front: Federal 595RSR Semi Slick

Size Used: 235/40/18

Psi Run: 26psi cold

Review: Superior Grip, Still good on 4 wheel lock entries, Don't take ages to get warm, Never experience issues with using them basically cold, even on small tight technical tracks. Super Stiff Sidewall so no sloppy feel...

Rear: Federal 595 RSR Semi Slick

Size Used: 235/45/17 255/40/17

Psi Run - 22-28psi cold

Review: Demands Driving Agression, Loads of Grip, haha crazy smoke! I found if your not committed and agressive it will GRIP up and straighten... Turn them alright with just under 300rwkw

i seen wat u do with them. i tryed 2 get 2 RSRs off neta but they said they give too many away 2 u

Hahah yeh? sorry have we met?

Sounds like this is a bit of a brag about sponsorship thread.

As if you dont know the rrp of the tyres you sell.

And if its sponsorship then you really should know the product your pushing

Matty before you have a spit, put urself in my position, I sit at a desk WHOLESALE Selling federals, I have never retailed a federal, no do i ask what they sell for. We do not even list a RRP. I know my product, as i said i work with them every day...

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...p;#entry5165605

Matt :) Federal Pricing from one of the people we supply to for you.

just wondering if anyone has run hankook XQ-Optimo on the front of a car?

i got a brand new pair for free and am thinking about putting them on the front of my 180sx 215 45 17 on the hankook web site it says there more of a road quiet tyre so yeah un sure weather to skid them or to use as a steer tyre

cheers

use them as a skid tyre,

ok but i got some toyo transpaths on there atm would these hankooks be better? iv tryed looking for that tyre review web site that niss kid alwase posted up but cant find it anywhere

cheers

both the tranpaths and the hancooks you mentioned are budget passenger car radials... they are not the sort of stuff you'd want to be pushing hardon, just for A to B driving on mum and dad's commo.

if you want a good steer tyre, you'll need to spend a little extra and get one of the many tyres that have been mentioned already.

ok cheers

yeah i think i might spend some cash and get some decent tyres :)

use them as a skid tyre,

ok but i got some toyo transpaths on there atm would these hankooks be better? iv tryed looking for that tyre review web site that niss kid alwase posted up but cant find it anywhere

cheers

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire-brand.jsp

dont have toyo tho which is gay.

I just got 2 new 17" kumo excta semis for fronts for a track day.. anybody used them before? what you think of them?

Anyone got a favourite place that will do good deals on bulk buy ups???? like 20 plus tyres??????

^^^^^^ talk to jake jones he gets tyres in bulk and he gets a good deal i think

also pickering can get toyo tyres in bulk cheap

haha your a fagot, ... "gets a good deal i think"

find out shit before you post useless info hahahah

dont bother talking to jake about deals, he/we wont be sharing that info out to people at this stage as ppl have ruined it for us in the past

haha your a fagot, ... "gets a good deal i think"

find out shit before you post useless info hahahah

umm ok then..........

• Downvote 1

dont bother talking to jake about deals, he/we wont be sharing that info out to people at this stage as ppl have ruined it for us in the past

i was also meaning talk to him about how he set up the deal and jarz can set something up with another tyre shop that is local around our area im sure thats more what he was after not stealing anyone elses deals that they got going

if any1 wants bulk buy tyres pm me size/brand/how many and ill get u prices

im doing 235 45 17 triangles at 12or more for 85 each

Has anyone slid on Dunlop SP 9000? Do they last or Delam?

ive only skidded on these 2nd hand, have lasted ages in the past, 3000A's on the other hand are poo, chunk off heaps.

Tyre: mayrun

Price: $88 each (think retail is around 120 or 130)

Size used: 235/45 r17

PSI run: 35psi

Review - being my first set of brand new tyres ive used on the rear for drifting obviously im going to notice a large increase from 2nd handies regardless how good the tyre was. i thought they were quite good though. nice and cheap on the wallet but still had a good amount of grip. well alot better than 2nd hand tyres.

Wear - didnt delaminate, stayed good untill they popped. lasted me all day at oran park north in my ceffy with 190rwkw

will use them again :)

has any one used the neuton NT5000

they look good just seeing what people think of them befor i buy a heap of them