Sign in to follow this  
Lucas.

DRUMMERS!

That's a mad idea... I just rang up the local music place and they're on sale for $500... money is tight but it's almost feasible when a bass drum pad alone will cost nearly $100...

What do you think of it?

I had a go on one once and the snare pad is waaay too small but I'm prob not gonna complain for the price.

ye man like basically as a practise thing its good.

like if u want a setup of just rubber pads its gona cost roughly 250 well that's the price i got anyway.... so for 250 more u get the rubber pads AND THEY MAKE NOISE :o:P

but ye its decent man, its good ur buying brand new, u will need the warranty, i had to take back 2 pads as they stopped being very responsive, meaning i had to hit the pad in a certain spot, and a bit harder than usual to make a noise..

But it does definately beat a standard rubber pad set up

pm me ur email or something and we can discuss further if u like

double kicks aren't the best on it. u need to get it angled just ride in order for it to detect double kick pedals effectively.

but overall. good for practising. definately would not use it at ANY gig lol

u can also do rim shots :P

snare rim shots that is....

Guitar hero drum kit has midi ports...

awesome fun :lol:

^lol yeah every drummer has pondered that hehehe

Nunzy that's cool to hear, I'm gonna go try it out tomorrow at the local place, but now I'm thinking I'll be out of home for a while and might might wanna find a cheap roland, seeing as I really like rolands. Will mean saving up for a while but my drumming is pretty important to me.

Btw I never got back to you guys on my demon drives since the first day I played them... I felt at home on them within a week and I love them, they're awesome. Longboards require the use of your whole leg but when you want to play fast it's so much better.

^lol yeah every drummer has pondered that hehehe

Nunzy that's cool to hear, I'm gonna go try it out tomorrow at the local place, but now I'm thinking I'll be out of home for a while and might might wanna find a cheap roland, seeing as I really like rolands. Will mean saving up for a while but my drumming is pretty important to me.

Btw I never got back to you guys on my demon drives since the first day I played them... I felt at home on them within a week and I love them, they're awesome. Longboards require the use of your whole leg but when you want to play fast it's so much better.

ye i agree on your idea Spazo, PS crazy drum video on page 1, were u playing along to a drum and bass mix?

also check out one of my fave drummers

Ah yeah I've seen this guy before... he's like Mike Portnoy, but he can actually play in time :P very cool.

Re: the drum 'n bass video... there wasn't a track, I was just doing a bit of a solo. I hate that video now lol. These are the last 2 vids I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8IKw-EiXw

Prob not ur cup of tea but I'm a bit over my metal/prog metal phase.

nice going on the videos, i saw the michael jackson one tho on the first page of this thread. love the double kick work

i'll put photos of m kit up once its assembled DRUMMERS DREAM keep fking me over

G'day all,

Thought i'd post mine. Been drumming for 3 years now, still fairly average... Need a way to losen up my left hand.

Kit is a Ludwig Epic series in Mahogany Burst. Looking into another 8" tom, rack, skins and D-kick.

Just a question, how did you guys go about learning/starting off? I've had a year break and i'm getting back into it seriously and was thinking to grab a drummers music book and start from scratch.

290520101438.jpg

290520101437.jpg

310520101443.jpg

Go to a teacher or grab a few beginner/intermediate level dvds. I learn most of my stuff by listening to music and watching dvds but it's prob better if start off learning technique from a teacher, in person.

Re: your kit, looks great but your setup looks very awkward. A few pointers from me:

- Lower your 10" and 12" toms a little bit and set them to a flatter angle so that you aren't denting your heads (it's also a much better angle for getting a nice sound)

- Move your hi-hat stand back and turn it so that it's almost pointing straight ahead; you're turning your body into your snare and hi-hat and away from the rest of your drums. You want to be able to reach everything without turning your torso too much.

- Bring your floor toms up to the same height as your snare drum. Your first floor tom should be in the same position as your snare but on the other side of the pedal, move your ride up higher and out of its way. It's a personal/subjective thing but check out my setup, that should give you an idea.

+1 for getting a teacher, I had one for 5 years from the first day I started and I made really good constant progress. Since I stopped seeing him i'm kinda in a flat spot but I knwo enough about technique to correct myself, plus once you learn how to learn if you know what I mean lol, you can yeah yourself alot from books DVD's ect.

Furthermore to that, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!

+1

Drums are the hardest instrument I've learned to play, but the coolest by far. Always try new things, if you just play in your comfort zone all the time, you will be awesome at what you do but you will suck at other things.

Try and do an hour a day and over the years it will pay off.

Thanks guys and thanks Spaz :) much appreciated!

Further to my post, i decided to build a man cave lol

050620101451.jpg

050620101453.jpg

050620101454.jpg

050620101455.jpg

050620101457.jpg

050620101458.jpg

060620101460.jpg

It's not yet finished as i need to sound proof the wall and back door. But you get the idea haha

Anyone after a PDP CX kit or some paiste signature series cymbals?

Got a little 3 month girl now which pretty much cancels out any kind of practice and a wedding up in a couple of months...Pretty devo sad.gif but thinking i may as well sell up for some extra cash and get a decent electronic kit down the track

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=231909

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=231910

LOL ^^^^

I've re-arranged my kit... this, i think is the best i can do.

I moved my toms upward and into a more square position. Only problem is that i can't lower them very much as they hit on my bass drum.

High hat is facing the correct way.

Floor tom is in line with my snare but the stand on the floor tom can only go so high.

Other than that, any idea and high my snare should be? Or how high i should be sitting?

080620101466.jpg

080620101465.jpg

080620101464.jpg

080620101463.jpg

080620101467.jpg

That looks alot better, just that your hi-hat pedal should be at about the same level as your bass drum pedal. Move your toms if you have to, the hi-hat takes 1st priority.

I angle my snare a little more flat and you want it low but you wanna be able to rim shot it without hitting your hands on your thighs.

Here's a pic of how mine sits.

DSC00119.JPG

and an older one

DSC00048.JPG

Love your room... what materials did you use?

Thanks mate :) I'lll re-arrange and see how we go.

I just go outbid at the last minute on a Tama Rythym watch.. grr

Room is fairly simple at the moment. Basically covered the whole floor in pool foam from Clark Rubber (bloody expensive).

I got the Black carpet from Bunnings.

I bought Expando foam to seal up all holes to stop air getting out.

So far it's made a significant difference and i get barely any feedback when playing but it's not perfect.

Next weekend i'm thinking about carpeting the walls and sticking some blockout curtains up. very expensive excercise but well worth it!

Clip entitled 'This Drummer Is At The Wrong Gig.'

man that is straight lol ey!!! I think he needs to work more on his time and less on his showmanship!

Got back into me and my mate jamming all good except my f**king right hand cramps up in the middle after a minute of playing, cramps up and i cant properly hold the stick hence it slips.... f**king pissing me off... tried strethcing and doing warm up riddles..... no luck... any more ideas.

Maybe see a physio and see if anything's wrong. If nothings wrong with your hand then I'd go to a teacher and get them to show you how to hold the stick. No shame in it, technique is a very tricky thing. Remember you gotta be relaxed.

Yeah might go get the physio to look at it ai... nah never broken my hand/wrist/finger... feels like a muslce cramp or something... its f**king pissing me off... after a few minutes of playing its to painful to continue.

Cramp in the muscle connexting thumb and hand? I get that sometimes when I grip too tight, I can relax off though and it calms down. Don't have to stop, often happens early in the set before I've warmed up properly and am a bit excited :P

59671_434012110754_559480754_5601640_5244551_n.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH lol

does any ones hands get like.. itchy kinda feeling after long sessions? you know, from the vibrations?

If you buy 2 cymbals from sabian/zildjian/paiste; exact same model + size they'll sound identical yeah?

Might go suss some Amercian cymbals and buy them online if I know they're gonna sound the same...

If you buy 2 cymbals from sabian/zildjian/paiste; exact same model + size they'll sound identical yeah?

Might go suss some Amercian cymbals and buy them online if I know they're gonna sound the same...

id disagree, i bought a zildjian china, and paiste china, same size and they are a absolute different pitch.. was about a year ago...

No, I mean same brand. E.g 2 zildjian chinas, same size, same model. Or 2 Paiste chinas, same size, same model (not comparing the brands).

I just mentioned those 3 brands because they're mass produced American brands and I think I should prob take advantage of the exchange rate.