Sign in to follow this  
(Locky)

s14a dori project .....Sil80 reshelling

also, ducting is awesome, exactly what i was planning. didn't know you could get it from bunnings. cheering

The local one had 4 foot by 3 foot one fir like $4 but in white

Or massive 2m by 3m in black for $12 so I easily have enough to do another car without even being careful of the shapes I cut and excess

Didn't do any real work juat looking cleaning and talking

20131224_160425_zpsz1dqgzyd.jpg

20131224_160429_zpsypv4p3rc.jpg

Also this rocked up a hell of a lot earlier than expected ao Christmas present to myself

Worth it over the old one

20131224_174925_zpsgttf6k0p.jpg

Didn't know bunnings had it either :( I just stole a massive forsale banner instead :lol:

Got sick of waqiting for my gaurds and might miss a track day if they dont come in time, so started cutting

20131228_115155_zpsrams9uy4.jpg

I really want to do a tafe course to learn how to weld as I got NFI what im doing, gasless doesnt help. These are definition of shit compared to everyone on here. First run it almost looked like tack welds joined together it was so blobby. Ground them all back and turned it up, got what resembled a bead, but also blew holes really easy if I wasnt carful.

20131228_150615_zpsteojlbkq.jpg

Think Im definatly going to have to get my bow on

20131228_152059_zpshmidgh1d.jpg

Also serious about selling skyline if anyone is intersted

20131228_180235_zpsavib3wou.jpg

Edited by (Locky)

Get a gas welder is all I can recommend haha. practise on other materials before touching the car and write down your settings when you get good welds so you can easily flick back to them

Don't worry about trying to run a bead on that sort of thing. Too hard to control the heat, hence the holes. Just close it all up with tacks.

Don't worry about trying to run a bead on that sort of thing. Too hard to control the heat, hence the holes. Just close it all up with tacks.

This,

lowered it half a cm, not that you could tell

20131229_162456_zps0zwafno6.jpg

Some n2 s13 silvia flares I had fit kinda fit and dont look completely aids somehow

20140102_095544_zpsbac37c5t.jpg

20140102_095556_zpsghvxt9dn.jpg

Couple of days ago took it to get exhaust redone, was getting a few weird faces, but I spose not many people have seen a car with its gaurds hacked to shit and wheels sticking out 3 inches

20140108_144136_zpsr5vkmxkb.jpg

Since i got it quickly patched up to fix last time the decat was painting it down really low and scraped all the time, So got it unbent from when I hit the dirt wall and from front pipe to diff remade and tucked up with a flex joint where the cat usually is so got a good cm or 2 more than before

20140108_144544_zpswnt414py.jpg

Bonnet pins rocked up, look like a good bit of gear, all metal unlike the plastic aero catches that broke on the 14, will hopefully bearly notice them when the car is painted

20140110_114506_zpslhjtkvfj.jpg

Chucked them on with the bonnet, fits reasonably well (gaurds arent that well alined either)20140110_123633_zpsnmcnweg5.jpg

Booked in for E85 tune next week so hopefully there isnt tooo many issues with that

Then its just gaurds and alinement to sort out

1528503_10152186948723578_38107567_n.jpg

but I spose not many people have seen a car with its gaurds hacked to shit and wheels sticking out 3 inches

Peasants.

Went for tune, Went suprisingly well

Was concerened about the consult port working, but forgot to mention it but apparently it was 90% right bar it needed another ground. I got there just as it was finishing it up.

20140121_172319_zpslxfdi9vf.jpg

Other than that was sweet besides a bit of restriction and injectors maxing. guessing the muffler shitting itself didnt help/may have been it.

20140121_175449_zpss3st88wl.jpg

In the end it made 15-20KW more than on 98, and the same power on E85 with 3-4 less psi boost

Messenger_5831319831068548576_13902949884760744_zpshd75lobq.jpg

nice work :), nice power figure too what size injectors you running?

Not a bad result

That muffler definately sapped atleast 10rwkw

as on the same dyno and same mods I made 264rwkw with that setup but my car was a few hundred rpm laggier than yours as I had a s13 motor non VCt

Extra I had was a adjustible fuel reg extra 1bar of fuel pressure

And 25psi tapering down instead of 22psi

Should be happy with that power for alil while 😄

Eventful weekend was eventful

Think the universe was against me for most of it

The great start to it was hooking up the trailer reveresed into it for the first time and dented the one straight pannel on the commodore, f**k.

Went to josh's loaded up his shitbox and headed to tommys as he is to fancy to buy a seat that as a f**king bolt in rail. Had to head out there anyway to pick up all my shit from being coated.

So traveresed mt doom of a driveway

20140201_075805_zps04a74e1b.jpg

after hanging round a bit I outsorced the assembly of my KF's

But after a while I actually took over, was a bitch of a job and wonder why people charge so much to assemble wheels

There were issues undoubtably, but sorted most of them out.

20140201_102638_zpsfa803896.jpg

shitest move happenened when everyone was tired and starting to get the shits. I tied to do up a bolt and hold the nut by myself, slipped and took a chunk out of the clearcoat on the fresh powerdercoat. Felt soooo bad as Tommy had spent ages on them to get them looking good. After wanting to throw a chair though a windowdecided to just finish assembling them, and when i have a bit more down time, disassemble spend ages stripping the coating off and get the redone.

f**ked around swapping tyres around and ended up with 225/45 on the equips and 235/45 on the KFs

Would be good if I could find some cheap 40 profile 17s though

Anyway after what felt like forever in the heat had got all my shit done, joshes rail ended up taking an eternity because he is a wingy bitch about wanting things done right or something along those lines, so after it being done he did a skid and he was all good.

Shit thing #3 was ment to get all my shit from japan, just got it dropped off while I was waiting for josh's car to be finished. Find out that The pallet with my rear lip and rear widebody has gone MIA......... f**k

But i got my exsols and front gaurds at least

So being in a state of hating life and super tired dragged the 13 back, unloaded his stuff then got home and collapesed at like 11.

Sunday rolls round, got up early and motivated

Chucked the Exsols on brothers car, I liked it, he hated it.

Also looks like he split a GTR CV shaft boot as there is grease everywhere. he has worse luck when it comes to me when it comes to that car.

20140202_090510_zps43607881.jpg

Wacked the front gaurds on, any hope of pulling out camber was quickly dismissed

20140202_105455_zps8980558c.jpg

After getting it sorted and not knowing when the origin gaurds will be found, a temperary hack job was done. It involved a handful of tec screws some tape and a cable tie and the arita speed rears were on.

Was honeslty suprised at how reasonable it looks... not great, but not gouge eyes out with a fork

20140202_140758_zps9cbcc2ae.jpg

20140202_140809_zps4d5ad2dd.jpg

20140202_140825_zps61bd8ce9.jpg

20140202_140832_zps81e214e0.jpg

20140202_140851_zpsd046eb47.jpg

That will probably be how it goes to Halfway as Id prefer not to ruch the putting the origin rears on and get an alinement beforehand with all the camber pulled out. That way i wont have the same issue I did with the s14.

Oh yeah and besides me f**king up and the barrels making it a bitch to install happy with how the KFs came out.

20140202_144256_zps639310a2.jpg

20140202_144145_zps222995d2.jpg

Not how I thought, but love the colour. Dark burgandy/coke colour in the shade but all the red glitter in the sun, hard to get a decent photo with a phone though

20140202_145528_zps8d542355.jpg

I got the strut top and rocker cover done the same while I was at it as they were all scratched up and just shit rattle can job.

Big thanks to hyper coating for it all

20140202_143201_zps2db826be.jpg

Oh and took if for a hit up the street. Even on low it breaks traction coming onto boost smile.png

Edited by (Locky)
  • Upvote 1

So yeah halfway hangs was epic

Left on the friday morning, Joey was going come along for the trip but last min got a spot to skid. So naturally decided to bring the daily on the 1200km round trip

IMG_20140207_094520_zpsyvg2cgjh.jpg

Mireaculosly none of the 8 hwy we past on the way up seemed to be paying attention at the time so got to Valla with no fuss in about 6 hours.

IMG_20140207_194032_zpshkt2mzqd.jpg

Unloaded the car, took it for a hit up the street to tinker with the high boost, gave up quickly and just thought id do it on low.

Had some beers, chilled out a bit and didnt go too hard the first night.. Some dude tried to pick up a possum

20140207_213842_zpstrqop4zf.jpg

Got up saturday morning, drove out to raleigh, was not as ghetto as I thought it might have been. Was reasonably wide for its size. Car turnout was impressive

20140208_111816_zpsozuykqm9.jpg

Did a few runs, seemed to make some smoke even on low boost. Eveident of which the new tyres lasted 5 laps.

Car felt amazing on the new E85 tune compared to before, still a bit laggy but massive improvement

IMG_699773370628_zps6aiekg3b.jpeg

Chucked the 18s on the back. Did about 2 runs and the car was feeiling a little wierd, but one of the tyres delamed after 3 laps so was a waste (that one old though)

20140208_115704_zps2sva8guy.jpg

Went back out there with the KFs on and pressures dropped seemed a bit better. Of course as soon as I put the new rims on I went of the track 3 times, luckily didnt f**k anything.

The car randomly died on me 2 times, Lost eveything even reds. But as I was getting towed it came back to life. Thining it was the battery terminal I bashed them on tight and went back out there. Laster when it died again ralised it was the earth cable had somehow worked loose from the crimp eyelet, that was dodged up and it seemed to work fine then on.

But then the car definatly was feeling weird. Once or twice when i clicked 3rd I would get nothing. After a few morre times realised the clutch was feeling doughy and starting to smell so gathered that was my problem.

1614525_292563667561730_1993316867_o.jpg

Started to do a few tandems with people but with the clutch feeling average at times didnt want to lead too often as was inconsistant when it slipped so most the time held it in 2nd and just limmiter bashed trying to keep up.

20140208_164104_zps5fpwvzux.jpg

By this stage it was about 3, had the old s14 fronts on with some 595s that I brought for backup fronts. Figured I might as well use them and they might last a few laps. Somehow they managed to last about an hour and half constant skids and just kept on going. The clutch was getting pretty bad by this stage and the heat/ fumes was making me feel like shit. At about 430 heard a weird nosie, checked it out and it turned out to be my fan eating my shroud

20140208_164055_zpsvle2ee90.jpg

So all in all the car survived the day to the end by a thread, but needs a lot more work before next day.

The track/ atmoshere was awesome. Closest experience to Japan ive had in Aus.

Even had a pennyfarthing follow me back to Valla

20140208_1754050_zpssr4w9drp.jpg

With some relitivly layed back security gaurds the street party that night was pretty loose.

Managed to escape with only a mild hangover, besides it being hot as f**k and retarded road uses the trip back was realitivly alright.

IMG_20140209_190147_zpsocuke88u.jpg

So I guess plan of attack is an actual new clutch this time, leaning towards a Jap spec excedy or NPC as well as some gasgets to try and quell some leaks

Probably just do a AU thermo swap as dont really wasnt to buy new fan and shroud again

It really needs an alinment so will get that sorted.

The wheel bearings seem to have quite a bit of play in them front and rear so should really be done all round, just super expensive.

So much I want/ need to do, but also keen to just get back out there. Having a few regos due doesnt help

Dont think there is a wakie day for at least 2 months so that gives me a bit of time

J-lo representin! haha, good effort man. I really, really, really have to pull my finger out and actually go to an event some time soon.

Re: shroud. Have you got nismo mounts or gkteck fan or any some such?

I've heard the exedy 3pucks are pretty good for sliding and handle the clutch kicks quite well the one that looks like it has 3 thick brake pads on it

Your injectors held you back from making more power sooner than my car cause your on united e85 which is usually e90 and I'm on caltex eflex which on stays around e70

I'm sure with a good flowing exhaust and larger injectors you should make a good 20-30kw more

You should just put on a straight pipe as you barely drive it on the street anyway and sound a lot more tough on the track

Edited by pur40m

Nismo mounts

But it more just looks like a bolt rattled loose so drivers side dropped

The 3 puck was the one im looking at. Looks like I could get it from the us for not much more than the price of a normal hd here

Im sure if I could get more out of it power wise, but like I said even low boost was plenty for me on e85

It more the fact it desperately needed a touch up so I might as well spend the couple of hundred extra for what I could get with e85 rather than 2k changing setup. Also quite exhaust means I dont have to stress about noise restrictions for raleigh and texicanas.

Plus I pay retail on tyres so cant afford to go through 1k of tyres every track day

Edited by (Locky)

And sr's sound shit with straight pipes.

Nice 13 man, getting it painted all 1 colour when rear guards are on?

Halfway hang's was rad. A mate of mine owned the RWD Forester and I was lucky enough to get heaps of passenger runs in!

Also.... I may know the dude who picked up the possum :lol:

I don't know what sr20det you listening to but the 3 fingers neat 180sx one sounds off tap with straight pipes

On the road down low they might sound shit but on the track on boost and limiter they sound nuts

We all have different opinions I guess but I am yet to hear an sr that sounds decent with straight pipes, even on limiter, to me anyway.

Yeah its getting painted eventually, hopefully before I destroy too much

Like I said gate and straight pipe was fun on the 14

But I enjoy giving it a hit on the street without everyone in 2km knowing about it

Not a lot achived

Rego for both the commo and V35 due this fortnight so not a lot of money to order the stuff to fix this.

While picking up some cheap V35 stockies to chuck on the car to drop the price, I impulse bought some R34 Gt-t brakes as they were super cheap compared to every other time I have asked about them. Came painted might mods red but have some kind of orange pads in them so will hopefully be ok for now. Will probably get them coated a silly colour before I chuck them on as I need to drill out the knuckle still. Finding a 14mm dill bit to suit a 10mm chuck is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Test fitted them to check they clear wheels. Have about 3mm to the face and about 1cm to the barrel at the closest points

IMG_20140225_153252_zpshrvdybuf.jpg

the 310mm rotor is definatly a decent step up

20140225_153059_zpsljlauflr.jpg

Also replacement rear lip managed to get sourced

20140225_152721_zpshbjnreyc.jpg

Wont work with the falres unless I do a lot of cutting, best wait till rear gaurds are here

20140225_152724_zps1rxl16j2.jpg

If my V35 actually sells soon it would be mad to do glory days, If not It might not be able to get to one till IDA day on easter monday in april :(

just buy a 14mm drill bit and get someone to spin the end down in a lathe, i have done this many times, would take 2 mins

cheers man, they actually sell them at dads work so he man be able to get me one for a reasonable price