Sign in to follow this  
Axiom

My new project

So I have found my new car!!! I have given up, i won't be getting mine back we all know this. BUT LOOK WHAT I HAVE FOUND!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-180SX-SILVIA...1QQcmdZViewItem

this is teh link to the best find EVER! I am going to buy this car, all the pieces, the det engine. And in the perfect condition for a new respray and the bodykit i bought for it!!! im gonna make the seller an offer so hopefully he will take the auction off!

I will have my s13 yet!!!

looks good dude.... lots of work to get it going again tho... let us know how u go..

thats a LOT of work man.

think about what youre getting yourself in for before you jump in.

all the parts for the car are included, although I do know that it is a huge job. But then I can prolly get this for 4-5k and to be honest after taking out a 13k loan for my last car i really can't find another s13 and i will be damned if I don't get another one by the end of the year....plus, you guys will help me put it together.

Hope your handy with the spanner :yes:

Its a lot of work man, I would probably buy one which already has everything inside like interior etc.

This is because I know that putting a on the dash is a real pain in the ass, not to mention the window seals...

actually guys I am uber mechanical noob and would have no idea what i would be doing.....basically im desperate and pissed off..... prolly a bad idea to buy this i agree unless someone can help me out of course.

im sure all of us can pitch in and help you out but we wont do it for you.

Like Will said the interior is a *milkshake* even if it comes with it all youll have to reseal all the windows, relay all the carpet (dont use the original carpet.)

Itll need a spray, a new interior, an engine wired in (does it run) looks like the suspension needs changing.

its well over 10k of work on that thing man if you want to do it RIGHT.

hmm.....i expected it would cost a little less then that....f**k...... maybe the bank will give me another loan for a new one?

Have fun with it all :P

Dont get me wrong man, im not saying DONT do it.

Just be well aware of what youre potentially getting yourself into.

Itd be a wicked if you finished it and you would have a Silvia that was yours from pretty much the ground up which is nice feeling but yeh, BIG project.

good on ya.. go for it!!

you'll be s13 DIY ninja by the end of it :ph34r:

well yeah man I am really quite keen, and the feeling at the end of it would be f**king sweet... But cash money is an issue, like f**k i allready took out 13k for my first car, don't know if i could get much more from teh bank. And i'm not quite ready to start doing the rounds at mustang ranch. But then I am expecting this car to take no longer then 4-5 months (i am a fool) even with money it will take close to a year to get going. But f**k i want it.

Get it, then buy a cheap daily, work on it when you can?

thinking i might do so. But the dude selling it wants at least 5k....i reckon it's worth 4ish so i gotta find the funds first.

4k tops dude.

you can get a running one with everything in it for 5.5k

thinking i might do so. But the dude selling it wants at least 5k....i reckon it's worth 4ish so i gotta find the funds first.

Buy my Mirage :yes:

no offence amber dude, but i can buy an s13 for 6k. If i had the cash there would be no way i would buy a mirage.

no offence amber dude, but i can buy an s13 for 6k. If i had the cash there would be no way i would buy a mirage.

Its cool!

Why wouldnt you just go out and buy one then??

wow, i'd save your money and put your engergy into a push bike... i can tell u first hand what its like to spend all your farking time and money on something that lives in the shed.. or in my case, someone elses shed :P getting a cheap shell and putting it back together would be a great way to embark on a steep learning curve, but if u dont have EVERY night and EVERY weekend to work on it, you'll be 2 years down the track, selling it off for parts.

good luck with what ever u do.

here is a link to my new engine http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SR20-DET-RED-TOP-EN...1QQcmdZViewItem

this seems like a really good find. Oh and i have given up on the skeleton shell i posted first. I have found a rolling shell in melbourne (complete with interior), i am still waiting on pics but from the sounds of it it will be a good find. And with this engine, it will rock da caz bar!!

p.s how easy is it to take out an auto transmission and put in a manual one? because I have also found this!! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-180SX-SILVIA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Its not diffucult, just fiddly

farken ebay slut :D hahahahhaha

while your on ebay, find me a Seaquest Balance BCD - medium !!!!! :yes:

bid your coin on that sil dude, that engine will double in price before bidding ends.. atleast u can drive the sil :P

what will u put the engine in??

hahah, smart a$$ LOL