Sign in to follow this  
Bettiboop

S15 6 Speed Shifter ( short shifter)

Howdy

Have currently purchased a Short shifter for my S15 6 speed and just looking at it the build quality doesn't seem to be there but enough about that

Quick question before i bother even fitting it what exactly center's the car back to Neutral , most shifters in other vehicles have some sort of spring set up to recentre to Neutral ( center)

This does not have any mechanism at all surprised it has a spring for Reverse actually

Shifter isnt a C's racing i wish its a (cube speed)

Sorry but short shifters are a waste of money and time, there is no advantage to them, besides wearing out synchros and selector forks/arms. Doesn't make car any quicker.

I had the C's shifter in my S15 and have driven many without.

The C's shifter gave a nicer more precise feel with little to no slack while in gear or neutral.

The original owner in japan installed it otherwise i wouldn't of bothered. C's mention that the 0-400m time was 0.6 seconds faster on a lightly tuned s15.

If you don't shift like a retard your box should be fine but I.

A short shifter will not reduce 1/4 mile time by 0.6 second. Advertising bullshit, luckily to make 0.1 second difference..

A short shifter will not reduce 1/4 mile time by 0.6 second. Advertising bullshit, luckily to make 0.1 second difference..

Haha 0.6 seconds wow no wonder they went under!!

But ya defiantly want to find out my dilemma before fitting customer service wasn't to helpful

But ya defiantly want to find out my dilemma before fitting customer service wasn't to helpful

Get gktech shifter springs and new plastic bush from Nissan/taarks. Will be a better upgrade than a short shifter