Sign in to follow this  
jdmsilvia13

Sr20 Head Studs help pls

ARP uses 2x threads.. one for the engine side and one for the nuts The nut side (top side) is a finer pitch, allowing for more clamp, provided you use the lube you will find with the same torque setting as OEM you actually provide a better clamp. Some engine builders, actually over torque the ARP stud/nut combo way past what ARP recommend or OEM recommend in terms of torque. I've actually taken the same approach on my RB25 and over torqued them all to 110nm, car loves 25psi all day and head no longer lifts.

Cheers! The ARP's recommended is 90 ftlbs=122Nm, hence wanting to step it down a bit and avoid a tragedy.

Got paid on Monday, so went ahead and purchased the ARP Jetta headstuds. Was the final piece I needed for my build. Will change them when I put my Greddy easy cams and new VCT in, and then organise getting the car tuned in the next month or two!

Got paid on Monday, so went ahead and purchased the ARP Jetta headstuds. Was the final piece I needed for my build. Will change them when I put my Greddy easy cams and new VCT in, and then organise getting the car tuned in the next month or two!

hheecckkticsss

keep everyone posted man, should be a fair amount of results soon from the nissansilvia.com community...

April -> May have 3 cars that will be tuned

Yeah, the cam's popped up on facebook for a steal of a price and were unused. Super happy to have got a hold of them!

Can confirm current ARP head studs for RWD SR20det are fine. I have them in my car. You can get SR20det studs for the GTI-R engine. Which is not RWD, they are diff length and NOT suitable.