Sign in to follow this  
jdmsilvia13

Achilles 123S vs 595 RS-R

Hey guys, I've searched countless hours and have not been able to find answers :(

Has anyone here used the Achilles 123S back to back with 595 RS-R and can comment on a) lap time difference/grip and B) is the treadwear rating of 220 on the achilles legit? As I have heard reports of the 123s lasting even less than 595RS-R with a 140 treadwear....

Any feedback is appreciated, as well as comparison with the new RS-RR and Hankook RS3

Thanks!

how about how do they go in the wet on the street?

the RSR go awesome! one of the reasons i have them.

but the nitton nt01?

RS3 are shithouse in the wet apparently?

123S ??

I recently fitted a set of 123s 265/35/18 all round. Drove home in monsoon like weather and can tell u they grip very well in the wet. Very comparable to the rsr's I had previously. Very good dry grip also although they haven't seen track time yet for proper comparison. Only issue with them is they are noisy as fukk on some road surfaces but at $150 a corner fitted through import monster I'm not complaining :)

Will also add that although I was happy with the performance of the rsr as a bang for buck tyre, I feel that the problems they have had with tread cracking/splitting are unacceptable and I won't be buying any more unless the problem is proven to be fixed on their new rsrr.

the 123S look like they have actual sipes so driving in the wet wouldnt be suicide, but their website is low on technical information and has a few spelling mistakes just on the 123S page.

not something I Would be confident putting on my car for daily driving.

I would be all over the RE003 Potenza deal at the moment if I were you guys.. especially for a car that NEVER sees the track smile.png

RATE these awesome on my mrs XR5T. I didnt think much on the re002 on my silvia....

I just put a set of RE003s on for $600. 235/45/17

I am planning on getting some proper track tyres soon so the 003s should be good.

my usual size of 245/40/17 was $999.....

might have to look at those rs-rr for my silvia ! give them a whirl see what they are like. even better handling and grip! who woulda thought.

for a streeter pushing even 220 rwkw the re003 would be a good fit. good wet, good or reasonable dry in comparison

and will last a metric shit load longer then any of for mentioned tires ;)

I got rid of my RE003's and put on the RSRR's. In the wet they are terrible (well what do you expect from pretty much a semi slick) but they are predicable. RE003's were an amazing tyre they never broke traction even if you tried in rain, hail or shine.

The RSRR's seem to be stickier in the dry but I haven't driven them hard enough just yet.

I got rid of my RE003's and put on the RSRR's. In the wet they are terrible (well what do you expect from pretty much a semi slick) but they are predicable. RE003's were an amazing tyre they never broke traction even if you tried in rain, hail or shine.

The RSRR's seem to be stickier in the dry but I haven't driven them hard enough just yet.

hey mate, any updates on the RS-RR??

I have used RS-R for a few sets now and well I like them. shat all over RE002 that were on the stock rims.

I found the rsr good in the wet... so hoping the rs-rr are just as good, and better dry handling! any feedback would be great ,I need a new set!

123s go like foam at the track and overheat for circuit. Rsrs are unbelievable even until bald. They are just as good as an rs3 but better in the wet. This is all track based Info. When these tyres aren't hot and on the street they are similar. You can't get them to temp on the street. Nankang ns2r 180 tread wear tyres are unreal for street. Affordable work great in the dry and unreal in the wet. And look unreal

hey mate, any updates on the RS-RR??

I have used RS-R for a few sets now and well I like them. shat all over RE002 that were on the stock rims.

I found the rsr good in the wet... so hoping the rs-rr are just as good, and better dry handling! any feedback would be great ,I need a new set!

Well the 003's are a big step up from the 002's in terms of performance. But in the dry the RSRR's stick better than the 003's in my opinion.

I've had them for a few weeks now and they are great for the price ($150 a pop for 215/45/17). If your car is a daily I would go with the 003's just because they last longer and are alot better in the wet. If your car is a weekender or you take it to the track I would go with the RSRR's.

Im noticing a lot less road noise from the RE003s compared to the invos too.

123s go like foam at the track and overheat for circuit. Rsrs are unbelievable even until bald. They are just as good as an rs3 but better in the wet. This is all track based Info. When these tyres aren't hot and on the street they are similar. You can't get them to temp on the street. Nankang ns2r 180 tread wear tyres are unreal for street. Affordable work great in the dry and unreal in the wet. And look unreal

Finally, a real comparison between the rsr and 123s! Very helpful thanks, the 123s were so cheap it was tempting but now i know theres a reason why. I liked the rsr but it wore too fast for me so I got some ad08r's, the better treadwear should offset the price difference as I got them for a good price. Thanks to everyone else also, help much appreciated!