Sign in to follow this  
ActionDan

Slotting LCA for more camber/track, what about the rear?

So, removed the whole hub as I couldn't get a good swing at the ball joint to split it from the LCA (replacing ball joints and putting new castor arms in).

While it's all out I was thinking I could slot the LCA inner mount 5mm or so, gain some camber and get a little extra track.

Any issues with doing this?

The other thing I considered was how I match that in the rear, I have a little extra camber adjustment left that might get me the camber I need, but I can't slot the LCA mounts the same way as they are boxed and there;s nothing to work with. The other issue was if I add track up front I need to add it out the back too, slip on 5mm hub centric spacer or something?

i wouldnt extend the holes on the front subframe LCA mount, redrilling holes is better / safer like i mentioned in your other thread, and wont slip out of position when you hit something. this also gives you the opportunity to raise the mount hole, giving better arm angles, but you will also need bump steer adjustable tie rod ends as the pivot has changed (as i understand it). you could just as easily lengthen the LCA seeing as its out.

Drilling new holes was what I meant.

I've heard plenty about needing the tie rod ends but if I had bad bump steer I'd notice it already given the LCA's aren't parallel.

What about the rear...

Short of getting the lca extended, nothing. Extending it longer couldpotentially cause the driveshafts to pull out of the diff

Short of getting the lca extended, nothing. Extending it longer couldpotentially cause the driveshafts to pull out of the diff

FYI You can now buy axel spacers from gktech to prevent pulling the drive shafts out.