Sign in to follow this  
ActionDan

S13/S14 Subframes/Roll Centre/Squat - Best option for Grip

S13 which is about to get some Cusco Caster arms, Freshly painted R32 LCA's with new inner bushes and Nagisa Roll Centre adjusters up front. (has coil overs, and adjustable camber and toe arms in the rear). Also have Whiteline 27mm adjustable front swaybar and R32 GT-R rear.

What's the best option for the back? Was going to get solid subframe bushes as they apparently raise the subframe up and help fix Roll Centre in the rear (GKTech kit or something similar). It was suggested I go S14 rear subframe as it apparently has better geometry. that apparently means adding some spacers to rear toe arms as the mount on the S14 subframe is wider, but apparently everything else is the same, which is odd as I thought the S14 subframe was wider by 10mm each side or something, which would mean swaybar doesn't fit?

Thoughts? Just add subframe bushes or worth swapping subframes? I was looking at Skyline rear calipers also, ditching drum handbrake and buying inline hydro handbrake or not running one at all.

If the S14 frame is wider, that means needing spacers up front.

Edited by ActionDan

On the front you will need to get height adjustable tie rod ends. The longer ball joints introduce a heap of bump steer. Flca and steering arm need to be parallel.

On the rear s14/15 subframe is a good option. You have to factor in a rear diff cover too. So unless u can find subframe and diff cheaply it might not be worth it. Just changing the bushes could get you 10mm or so more height out of the frame. The toe arms just need a couple of washers to make them work. The width shouldnt be a major issue unkess you have no rear clearance, it's only 5mm each side.

Hearing conflicting things about width 10mm a side or 10mm total?

Nobody has mentioned needing height adjustable tie rod ends...

Conflicting info around if the S13 (R32 GT-R in my case) swaybar will fit on the rear.

Sounding like a lot of work, maybe easier to just put the bushes in and be done with it.

I think you should drive some more before you worry about that stuff dan 😀

No point driving the car that destroys tyres. Something has to be changed, I'm already changing the front, might as well change the rear to match.

Think I'll stick with bushes.

SC what do you think of this setup?

http://www.nolathane...des/50-9154.pdf

Not solid but allows me to change angle and get more anti-squat. I don't know if it changes ub frame height though and the goal was to improve roll centre.

Are different height tie rod ends actually required up front?