Sign in to follow this  
no1roostersfan

idling problem, check engine light on

hey guys, got a problem as the title states, with my car idling. drove her this morning and she was running fine. pulled into shell 2 fill up, went 2 start it, it cranked over then stalled, tried again and same thing, but if u hold the revs up it doesn't stall but the check engine light stays on. i drove it home and the air/fuel gauge read lean the whole time the car was running. when home, i took my fuel pump out and put the standard 1 in, it made no difference. i changed my fuel filter, made no difference and i also put the fuel pump into a bucket of fuel (from another servo) and still no difference! also tried clamping the fuel return line 2 boost fuel pressure. ok, so my car is an sr20det with pfc, pump, injectors, r32 afm... does the pfc illuminate the check engine light at idle with fuel problems ie fuel pump or dodgy fuel? or am i way off the mark?

any help greatly appreciated, cheers, matt.

afm mate, check sensors as much as u can, one may be loose causin this.

just played wthe afm then, it seems 2 be doin its job. if u disconnect it, it'll crank but wont run, reconnect it, it cranks and runs provided u keep the revs up

if your AFM is of it wont rev past 2k thn eventually dies, its nissans "just get u home" Aid

if you have a hand controller go into the sensor check menu

yeah i was thinkin that myself! only problem is i dont have a hand control! makes life harder!

if your AFM is of it wont rev past 2k thn eventually dies, its nissans "just get u home" Aid

thats the thing, it drove home ok, seemed 2 miss a bit but i was doing 3-4000 rpm no problems. it was just a problem stopping at lights. even if i was goin down hill and knocked it outta gear, it'd stall while on the move...

does sound like a sensor, cant think hich one tho, maybe crank agle sensor, or the CAS is gone

check your ignition, computer and crank angle sensor i had the same problem in my galant had a auto electrican come out and sort it out for me hope that helps at all

edit* just seen jmac post it is most prolly the crank angle sensor

it shouldn't bethe o2 sensor, cause when my last 1 died, it didn't carry on like this... plus i've just put the new 1 in bout 2 months ago. what do u guys think about the iac? recon it could even be causing the problem.

Your O2 sensor won't be doing this.

You've probably blown off an clamp on your intercooler piping and the ECU is going into limp home mode.

Are you getting heaps of black smoke out the exhaust?

problem solved, the ecu reset itself, i dont know why, maybe surged from jump start i did earlier in the day 2 origionally get it running. but yeh as u can imagine an r32 afm on a car which expects the standard afm 2 be there, it's not gonna run the best. i took it down 2 hitman and he reloaded my maps so she's all sweet again, thanks 4 the help guys.

matt