Sign in to follow this  
silkishuge

Compliance Wasteland Thread

That sucks, I thought I seen a few older models imported a few years back.

hi Mr Chef :)

Just wondering if you know what 1998 (or newer, but pref 98) Supra RZ's are going for in Japan at the moment?

trying to figure out what stage of the "dream" level i'm at yet, lol.

edit:

i get the feeling i'm in the wrong thread....

I love supra RZs but they just never seem cheap.

Does anyone know the best place to get a rotary serviced in melbourne?

Just wondering if you know what 1998 (or newer, but pref 98) Supra RZ's are going for in Japan at the moment?

edit:

Theres a 99 VVTi on J-spec for about 25k. Wouldn't think they'd get too much cheaper.

edit:

I trust Maztech to do a good job. They have never failed me yet.

Jon

I love supra RZs but they just never seem cheap.

haha, they're always either too expensive, or their actually RZ-s's, but you don't find that out until you click the link, lol

edit:

Theres a 99 VVTi on J-spec for about 25k. Wouldn't think they'd get too much cheaper.

:o looks like my dream meter just went down a little! the price of supras has dropped almost 7g's since last christmas. still a bit out of my budget though :( need a better job.... anyone wanna hire a junior developer part time? lol

thank you for the info btw :)

RX7 is now sold. Saw it leave this morning. I am kinda relieved that I managed to sell it albeit for a much lower price, but at the same time, I know that there will be times I will miss her. Mrs S is glad that the car is gone, so in a way I am very glad that she has that piece of mind.

Jon

Condolences, and congratulations... all at the same time. :cry:

Definately has been a journey and a half.

Glad you could at least enjoy some of her!

Do we know the lucky new owner??

Coincidentally, Jon, my Civic Type R is for sale ;)

Nope. Probably not, but he seems like an alright sort of guy. He does not frequent NS so he misses out on our excellent company. :lol:

Sorry Chef, the money needs to be put to more urgent use. I had to sell the car really cheap because the money was needed so urgently and so very suddenly.

I would be interested in a family sort of car though. Something AWD would be good, but not at the moment. Sometime early 2009 late 2008. If it is a local purchase, I was thinking a Forrester. Something imported would be a Fuga or a late model Stegea. Preferably automatic transmission

By the way, I got some Defi stuff for sale. Check out the Parts for sale section.

Jon

Congrats Jon. Closure eh!

Nope. Probably not, but he seems like an alright sort of guy. He does not frequent NS so he misses out on our excellent company. :lol:

Sorry Chef, the money needs to be put to more urgent use. I had to sell the car really cheap because the money was needed so urgently and so very suddenly.

I would be interested in a family sort of car though. Something AWD would be good, but not at the moment. Sometime early 2009 late 2008. If it is a local purchase, I was thinking a Forrester. Something imported would be a Fuga or a late model Stegea. Preferably automatic transmission

By the way, I got some Defi stuff for sale. Check out the Parts for sale section.

Jon

Hmmm, money needed urgently, sudden desire for a family car...you got any good news for us, Jon? :lol:

Hmmm, money needed urgently, sudden desire for a family car...you got any good news for us, Jon? :lol:

Maybe he needs the capital to buy a brothel, and a 'family car' slash SUV to pimp his bitches from? :lol:

:P Planning, Big K.

Jon

^ that rule doesn't exist anymore man :P the 'over 15 yr' rule was changed to 'anything built before Jan 89' rule to stop all the popular early 90s imports (R32s, SR sils, JZX81s, FDs) flooding in.

Jon

Chaser would be perfect then jon ;) Chef ;)

Chaser is sold already ;)

Jon- What about our rx7 NS cruise.... <_>

^ that rule doesn't exist anymore man :P the 'over 15 yr' rule was changed to 'anything built before Jan 89' rule to stop all the popular early 90s imports (R32s, SR sils, JZX81s, FDs) flooding in.

Is there a specific date during January that it is before?

before Jan 1... so anything 88 and before

^^ Correct, although I accidentally got an 89 model through once :ph34r:

^^ Correct, although I accidentally got an 89 model through once :ph34r:

so you actually got it through?? or you accidentally bought it and couldn't get it through??

Chef.. your sig isn't displaying properly for me...I can only see the chef's hat at the top scrolling across. been like that for a couple of days...

edit... ok its working now... ?!?!

I bought a car, it turned out to be a Jan '89 build instead of Dec '88, and so we applied for it to see if we could still get it through...apparently we could....not something I'd like to attempt twice...

wooo...scored evo 5 recaros for my VR4 :D I'll see them in 2 weeks. Yay!!

myevo5recaros.jpg

wooo...scored evo 5 recaros for my VR4 biggrin.gif I'll see them in 2 weeks. Yay!!

They look really nice.

who is carnage? is that your username on yahoo auctions or something?before Jan 1... so anything 88 and before

They look really nice.

who is carnage? is that your username on yahoo auctions or something?before Jan 1... so anything 88 and before

Cheers dude :) I can't wait to get them in!

Carnage is the username of the guy I bought them off. I bought them from www.trademe.co.nz

took my car for a service today, was the first time in a while since i have driven it. Well i was cruising along and suddenly i looked beside my car while driving and there was another FD with the idential Mazdaspeed bodykit. He had a gorgeous yellow FD and we cruised all the way up the road.

Just had to say that!

I just realised you guys haven't seen mine since it got on the road...

AJD-8.jpg

I just realised you guys haven't seen mine since it got on the road...

AJD-8.jpg

Nice car Chef. I can't say I regret selling our FD, but if I was after another sprots car, it would have to be a FD. :yes:

I had a close look at the restrictive cat they use for compliance and it is something that must be changed to get decent power. I think it often results in insufficient boost at lower gearing.

Anybody has old bike frames they don't want. I am looking for an old steel frame.

Jon