Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Power fc timing help - Hardtuned.net

Power fc timing help 

12 replies to this topic

#1 108ely

• Car:s14

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi guys just after some help with timing my sr20det. I have a power fc that has a tune already but engine has not run in 2 years. Finally have the engine running but the idle is horrible and wanted to make sure I have the cas timed to the tune. I had a look in the ignition map with the hand controller and the lowest number is 11 and highest is 30. Am I correct in assuming that I should time the cas to 10 - 15 deg or am I totally wrong.
Cheers Jason

#2 108ely

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Posted Image
This is a copy of the ignition map from the hand controller

#3 Scotties15

• Car:S15 200sx

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

have you made your engine at TDC no.1 cylinder.
pulled teh cas out, and realigned it.
1 tooth out and will make it run like shit. iv never had a problem aligning it. but some do. just follow the instructions on how to install it properly. pretty easy.

the tune on the PFC that was running before hand, wouldn't of changed. its written to the computer each time its changed. so unless the tune was physically changed then it should be sweet.

got water in the fuel? got stale fuel? fuel filter is full/clogged/deteriorating due to sitting there with stale fuel - Change it for a new one.

fuel pump ok?

didn't touch the throttle body did ya/?

or the IACV screws to adjust the idle? they are a bitch to readjust apparently.

#4 108ely

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

I've timed it as per the write ups and all the fuel side of things are new so no problem there. I'll reset the timing with the cas to standard and see how it goes from there.

Edited by 108ely, 28 March 2017 - 06:05 AM.

#5 108ely

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

I had it timed to the last timing mark on the right and it idled, retimed it to the stock position now it won't idle what am I missing

#6 pur40m

• Car:180sx

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

How you getting the pick up ?
Off the loop at the rear of the head ?

#7 108ely

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

I haven't used a timing light yet just used the timing marks on the crank with cams and timing chain method

#8 108ely

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

Off the ignition map can I tell what my engine timing should be

#9 Scotties15

• Car:S15 200sx

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

LOOK at the controllers output at timing value

should be 15deg at idle. PFC at idle ignores the map, and uses default 15deg values.

the map you wrote out by hand is your whole ignition timing map for all loads and 0-9000RPM.
at idle your car should sit somewhere in the top 6x6 cells in the top left hand at 20deg. these are not used at idle, as above.

so assuming you have trippled checked the timing chain and TDC at cyl no.1 get it all set and the bottom crank mark at 15 deg. pull the cas out, realign, and try to get bolt holes to aligh with old mating marks

#10 pur40m

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

Look up google on how to install a sr20 cas and you will get pics showing you marks to set it
As once on tdc compression you still have to align the marks on the cas as it suppose to rotate once you install it as its a helical gear
Then once you install it right you still have to set the ign timing once warm
As too advanced it will ping
Too retarded and it will run like balls slow to rev and no power but should still idle ok

#11 108ely

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:42 AM

Ok think I may have timed it incorrectly to start with, I lined up the chain and cams right but I put the crank at 15deg not 0deg as per the write up. So when the engine warms up it should read 15deg with a timing light?

#12 pur40m

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Yes 15 remember the marks dont start at 0
Its +5 0 5 10 15 20
Its just to synchronize whatever is programed it the ecu
It actually runs it
So if the ecu is asking for 10 it actually is

#13 Dose Pipe Sutututu

• Car:Boat Sutututuutu

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:31 AM

Also the map you wrote out is pretty bad.. you can see with higher load cells there's more timing mid range (where cylinder pressures are at their greatest) and less timing up top (where cylinder pressures are lower).

I would be careful with pushing the car on that map.

And there's too much timing if the car is running more than 12 to 14psi. I would expect it to dip into the 10s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!